Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT720: Recent software update messed up my handsfree
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT720: Recent software update messed up my handsfree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaungw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: TT720: Recent software update messed up my handsfree Reply with quote

Last edited by shaungw on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best option is to install a backup of the device from prior to the upgrade, do you have a backup or not and what software version are you currently running?
You can find the version number by tapping the sat strength meter lower right on the main display. Also what phone make and model are you using the device with - Mike
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TT720: Recent software update messed up my handsfree Reply with quote

Shaungw, there is an annoying bug that affects handsfree and causes weird hangs and reboots. May be worth trying the fix for that:

* Connect TomTom to comp
* Exit TT Home
* Bring up a DOS box
* Type
chkdsk (TT drive) /f
e.g. chkdsk o: /f

If it complains about the file gnsdata being truncated then that's the bug you've run into.
shaungw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much mike and nosebody for your help.

I had version 8. something or other installed. I have now gone back to 7.221 missing the version in between which also caused me and (by looking on this message board) many others problems.

I haven't tested it yet so I'm not sure if it is now working properly again.

I also did the command prompt thing after going back to 7.221. It did not mention anything about the gnsdata file but I got the following:

"Convert lost chains to files (y/n)?" - I chose yes.

"8192 bytes in 1 recovered files.

"Windows has made corrections to the file system." - but it does not specify which file.

I then ran it again with no problems.

Does that indicate that I did have a problem with the gnsdata file and that it has now been fixed?

Or do your command prompt instructions merely tell you there is a problem but offer no fix?

If that is the only problem I was having with version 8.x could I re-install it and then run the command prompt to get everything running perfectly?

sorry for all the questions!
noseboy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it didn't mention the gnsdata file then it may have been a different problem, but then I don't know if the file might have been replaced when going back to 7.221.

The command prompt stuff I gave above should fix the gnsdata problem if that was the issue. Personally, I'd be tempted to go back to the latest version and see if the problem recurs, but obviously that's your call whether you want to spend any more time on it!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: