Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Map v Mapshare?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Map v Mapshare?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hitone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: New Map v Mapshare? Reply with quote

I have a TomTom 920 which is using Version 715.1703 of the Western & Central Europe Maps.

I update with Mapshare on a regular basis.

Version 720 of the same map is now available, but is there any improvement as a UK user, over the mapshare updates, other than a few more smaller countries have been added to Europe?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be assumed that v720 is better than v715, but whether the improvements show up where you drive is a completely different ball game. I have yet to read anybody saying they have upgraded from map v715 to v720 and the changes (presumably improvements) are magical. You will be fortunate to find any.

The Mapshare updates are generally believed to be applied only to the same map and device model - what that means is that any mapshare changes you have made to your v715 map are most unlikely to be included in the v720 map (this I HAVE read of).

Note that the v720 maps are currently being offered at a discount (the discount offer was due to expire 31st July, but has been extended, without any indication of for how long) - most people think the discount offer is because the NEXT map version is ready for release as soon as they've made a bit more money out of selling off v720. Flip a coin and decide if you believe that.

The version 8xx maps will probably be the next new release for the 920 and there is a difference in useability - the Navcore 8 features work on the v8 maps (already in use by the x30 devices), but not on the v7 maps.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
hedibine
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Map v Mapshare? Reply with quote

Hitone wrote:
I have a TomTom 920 which is using Version 715.1703 of the Western & Central Europe Maps.

I update with Mapshare on a regular basis.

Version 720 of the same map is now available, but is there any improvement as a UK user, over the mapshare updates, other than a few more smaller countries have been added to Europe?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: