Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman SmartST V 2.0 won't connect to the internet.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman SmartST V 2.0 won't connect to the internet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glidingdoc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Navman SmartST V 2.0 won't connect to the internet. Reply with quote

Is Navman particularly prone to problems??? I have the Navman GPS 4410 v 2.0 SmartST Desktop installer and it won't connect to the internet.

Navman sent me the info on configuring the Norton Firewall but, as I knew, this wasn't the problem. Now they have gone silent and won't respond to any further requests for help. I really am not impressed with Navman. The support is awful.

Is Tom Tom any better? I have an iPAQ 2490 with lots of memory and I have a solar powered GPS which connects via Blutooth. The combination worked well until I had to reinstall everything on the PDA.

Does anyone know why Navman 2.0 won't connect to the Navman servers? If Navman know there is a problem, why are they wittering on about the firewall?

Seriously not impressed.
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly before you bag Navman, theres a lot of stuff between SmartsST on you PC and thier servers. Any one of those can an often does stop a successful internet connection.

Now, back to me being my typical self - a Navman bagger - they don't care, you have an old product, you are not a valuable customer or you would have upgraded by now. Hence most customers upgrade to the Tomtom or Garmin brand.

Back to your problem- Disable all firewalls and antiV (norton) and try again. Some programs do quietly filter legitimate traffic. Remember to reenable them after.
CaptainDrift
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Firewall settings for V2 are:
Allow SmartST_Desktop(English_UK).exe (replace English_UK with correct installation language)
Allow RegisterProduct.exe
Open Port 443

But more inportantly How does your Map Product key start ?
MEU-025, MEU-026 or MEU-027

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: