Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating different TT devices using one copy of TT Home?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating different TT devices using one copy of TT Home?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryFS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Updating different TT devices using one copy of TT Home? Reply with quote

Just a quick question:
I have a Go 520, which I have been updating, without problems, using TT Home for the past few weeks.
My father-in-law purchased a TT One XL a few weeks ago, and wants to use the latest map guarantee before his 30 days are up. Unfortunately, he doesn't have internet access.
He has therefore asked me to plug the device into my PC and get the latest map update using my TT Home.
Is this possible?
Does TomTom know that I have a Go 520, so will not allow it?
Would I have to use a different logon on my PC to get it to work?
Or would I even have to install on a different PC, and update his One from there?

Or am I just being silly, and just need to plug it in and get on with it??

TIA
Barry
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use a different e-mail address for the One XL when logging in to TT Home, then it should treat the device as a seperate account to the unit you have - if no map update is offered give them a ring in the morning as this is not too uncommon - 0845 161 0009 - Mike
BarryFS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.
I have created a new user account on my PC, and have used another e-mail address to register my father-in-law's One XL.
When I use TT Home to search for updates it offers me a new version of the application (7.162), Lots of safety camera updates for numerous countries, and the latest QuickGPSfix, but no map update.
I have tried using the 'Use Latest Map Guarantee' option in TT Home, but it says that there isn't a later version available.

The device has version 7.130 of the application and version 710.1571 of the UK and Irl maps.

When I look at the TT website I can see version 720 of the maps (if I want to pay for them).

Do I need to upgrade the application to v7.162 prior to being offered v720 of the maps?
Is version 7.162 'stable' or do other forum users have problems with this version?

Regards
Barry
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry, I did type the TT Support phone number in my previous post within this thread for a reason - TomTom seem to have a very nasty habbit of making map upgrades difficult - I don't know why as this is a great selling point, but this short fall appears to be true - give them a ring in the morning and I am sure this will be resolved - they will probably want a fax of the device receipt so it might be best if you have that available when making the call - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: