Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GPS fails to connect with T3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GPS fails to connect with T3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NAJB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom GPS fails to connect with T3 Reply with quote

I have had a T3 plus the Tomtom GPS for just over 3 weeks and have tried to use the combination on 5 occasions. Only on one of those occasions could I get the two units to talk to one another.

If I delete the TT bluetooth device and re-install it then the T3 will recognise it, but the TT software continues to say that 'the GPS signal was lost'. Occasionally the two devices do talk, but only for a second or so; I can see this by interrogating the connection history. So it looks like there is a software fault. Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

The 'manuals' supplied with the package were derisory and offer no insight.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Palm T3 with TomTom combined with a number of BT GPS devices. I occasionally experience the sort of issues you are describing when switching around the devices used.

I have found tha the work around that works for me is to delete the BT configuration and defaults and then perform a soft boot before trying to connect again.

This has happened on 4 or 5 occasions over the 2 weeks that I have been testing the setup and it has resolved the issue each time.
Essexboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: T3 and TT failed connection Reply with quote

I've been using my T3 with TT for the last month and have always had to do a soft reset on my T3 before selecting the TT icon on screen and going through the connection process on cold 'start up'. I don't always have to do this for a warm 'start up'. I don't think I should have to do this, but if I try the cold start up without the soft reset, my T3 will not recognise and connect with the TT device. Any comments on how to solve this would be appreciated.
pt9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey cool, yes a soft reset works for me too. Thanks for that.

Has anyone had any response from TomTom about this issue? I've had no response from for a question I asked on their website almost a week ago now. Is support from TomTom really that bad?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beginning to sound like a PPC system. I must admit that I had assumed that me having to do the occasional reset was more to do with me continually changing the BT GPS receivers than the software.

I think I will stick to just the TomTom GPS and do my testing with that for now. I will then raise the issue with TT support.

I might add that all my tests performed with the serial GPS receiver worked perfectly every time.
pt9
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what surprises me. I haven't reset my Palm in *MONTHS*. I've done it 3 times in the last 2 days for using TomTom.
garyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of trouble with my system every time I got about five favorites added it would crash the only way I could get it back was to delete Navigator on the hand held. I have downloaded a patch from Tomtom which works BUT every time I add another favorite I have to do a reset or the palm will not speak to the GPS.
djarum69
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this same problem and took it up with Palm. They had me do a warm reset of the Palm and reinstall the TT software, and I worked. I haven't had to reset to get a connection since.

This little product took a lot of work to get going, but I'm almost sorted. I still can't get the BT receiver to charge using the car's power.

Ben

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: