Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Current Map Available for TomTom 530?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Current Map Available for TomTom 530?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blitzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Current Map Available for TomTom 530? Reply with quote

I received a TomTom 530 as a Christmas pressie and have already backup it's original state using via windows on my PC rather than Home. I have also downloaded the PGPSW speed camera database and POIs and installed them etc. with no problems.

Naturally I let Home check for any updates etc. and installed these but held back on the "latest map guarentee" as I wanted to try and find out if a new map release is due and/or how out-of date my current map may be? Using the Home software it states my current map as being 800.1727, and although Home is telling me there is a newer map available is of course does not actually tell me what version.

Should I update my map now or would I be better off holding out a little longer and is there a time-limit in which the latest map guarantee has to be used by?

Thanks in advance for any help. Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't go off what the Home Software reports see what the version is on the device, switch it on and tap the sat strength meter followed by the version box, a screen full of data will be presented - one of the lines will contain the Map Name AND version number.

The current latest map is v815 if thats not on your device then you should be able to download it free of charge from TomTom using the LMG - if this doesn't work give TT CS a ring (0845 161 0009) and ask them why its not available, be prepared to send a digital picture/ scanned copy of the till receipt for your device.

You have 30 days to claim your free map upgrade, and this will start from the date on the till receipt as far as TT CS are concerned - Mike
Blitzer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

Well there you go, I did not realise you could get more details about the unit off the device like that - thanks for that! Wink

Anyway, getting back to the point. My 530 states the following...

Application version: 8.300, which from what I've read on the forum here appears to be the current/latest version of the software on the TomTom - correct?

Map: UK-blah-blah V800.1727, I assume the 815 you refer to would be the equivalent of V815.xxx ? If so in your opinion is there any point in waiting for a couple of weeks to use the LMG or might I just as well go for it now? Once I do the map update am I then likely to need to re-install/configure the speed-camera database and/or POIs?

Thanks for you help. Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go for the map update now rather than wait as I cannot see any newer map being released within your LMG period, so its not really worth the gamble.
With discounted maps available until late this month, and the 3 month update cylce taken into consideration I doubt we will see any new map in this month so update the device and get it running what is ofered (back the whole device up using Windows Explorer to the PC BEFORE you do this though) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: