Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hypothetical map question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hypothetical map question
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Again, I' afraid that "I don't know" is the honest answer. In HOME you get the option to delete all your own corrections, all your downloaded corrections or both sets. Whether that means a TomTom correction would never overwrite one of your own I've no idea, but I wouldn't put it past them! I will endeavour to find out, though.

Of course, using the TomTom corrections might put restrictions in place which are not really there. I've seen some reports of such instances elsewhere.

Edited to add:- Of course, if the changes you make are purely for your own benefit, you should not share those changes as there is a chance that they may be incorporated into future map releases![/quote]

This is what I was wondering about, there is a road in Southampton with a low bridge which obviously is available for other people but not for the lorry and if I block that road on my map I would not want that sent to mapshare but other peoples corrections could be useful.

theripper
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper wrote:
Another question for you Tim-
I am thinking about buying a 530 with UK mapping
Would it be possible to have 2 copies of the same map on one unit so that I can make map corrections on one without affecting the other ie roads that I can't take lorries down (low bridges etc).

theripper

Tim
Following on from the question above I splashed out in December on a 520 and it works a treat - What I have done is transfer everything from the internal memory to an SD card and set it up for my car with a car icon etc, and copied the same again to another card and set it up for larger vehicles that I may drive(blocking roads that I know I can't use etc) but

If I use the one for the car and then turn the unit off and insert the other card for the lorry the icon has reverted to the blue arrow so I change it to a lorry - then when I have finished I replace the card for the car and that has also reverted to the blue arrow. As far as I can make out there is nothing on the internal memory so they are running from the cards. Any idea what could be happening, it's not a major problem just annoying that I cant sort it out.

theripper
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theripper wrote:
theripper wrote:
Another question for you Tim-
I am thinking about buying a 530 with UK mapping
Would it be possible to have 2 copies of the same map on one unit so that I can make map corrections on one without affecting the other ie roads that I can't take lorries down (low bridges etc).

theripper

Tim or anybody who can help!
Following on from the question above I splashed out in December on a 520 and it works a treat - What I have done is transfer everything from the internal memory to an SD card and set it up for my car with a car icon etc, and copied the same again to another card and set it up for larger vehicles that I may drive(blocking roads that I know I can't use etc) but

If I use the one for the car and then turn the unit off and insert the other card for the lorry the icon has reverted to the blue arrow so I change it to a lorry - then when I have finished I replace the card for the car and that has also reverted to the blue arrow. As far as I can make out there is nothing on the internal memory so they are running from the cards. Any idea what could be happening, it's not a major problem just annoying that I cant sort it out.

theripper

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: