Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Database Updates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Database Updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcgh2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Database Updates Reply with quote

I've just paid my subscription and downloaded the database to my Tom Tom 720 and I'm really impressed with it. Particularly the "voice warnings". However, I just wondered how often the database is updated and how do I know when to download the new version?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. We aim to release updates fortnightly where possible but at a minimum there will be at least one update per month.

if you subscribe to our Newsletter we announce releases via that (sign-up box on left of every page here) or you can subscribe to our .RSS News Feed or easier still, set this thread as 'watched' and if you have email notification of new posts configured you'll get an email when we update the thread with a new release announcement.

Pay the link in my sig a visit for some other nice add-ons if you haven't already.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

The published database update frequency is monthly, although it is often twice monthly.

The easiest way to keep up to date is visit this thread, scroll to the bottom and click on the "Watch this topic for replies" link - you will then be sent an e-mail each time the database is updated and all you have to do is click on the link within the e-mail to continue receiving notifications.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you like it! Smile
Two easy answers too...

The database gets updated at least once a month, but it is usually more often than that, it averages about every two weeks at the moment.

And the easiest way to find out when a new version is released is to
1. go to THIS TOPIC in the dedicated subscriber's section of the forum.

2. Scroll all the way to the very bottom and click on "Watch this topic for replies".

3. Assuming you've got your correct email address set up with the forum, you will now get an email whenever MaFt releases a new version and posts in that topic.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the almost exact repeat of your advice GPS-fan, I was just about to click submit" when my daughter threw an entire plateful of spag. bol. on the floor.
By the time I got back, you'd snuck in first!

Quote:
and all you have to do is click on the link within the e-mail to continue receiving notifications.

I don't think you even have to do that!
I don't usually follow the email link and I still get notification every time.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Sorry for the almost exact repeat of your advice GPS-fan

No problem - Darren sneaked in and beat me whilst I was acquiring the link, how does he do it?? GRRR Rolling Eyes
dcgh2007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I've already subscribed to the newsletter and as a belt and braces job I've also clicked on the "watch this topic" on the tread linked.

I used to have a Garmin PDA and a Road Angel, but I felt that it was time that I updated and bought the Tom Tom 720 thinking that this one unit would do the job that the other two had done so well over the last few years. Initially I thought that I had made a mistake, but now that I'm getting used to the Tom Tom I'm pleased with it. Comparing the Tom Tom Safety Camera information with the Road Angel I thought that it was pretty poor and that's why I've gone for the PGPSW database. The only thing that I miss the Road Angel for is direction specific warnings. Mind you I can live with that.

Darren, I'll have a look at the others stuff on your signature as well - thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: