Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New 930T Map version, Post Codes not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New 930T Map version, Post Codes not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: New 930T Map version, Post Codes not working Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have got a new 930T, is the latest map for it V8.05?

On mine it has V800.1762

Also if I go to the TomTom website will it allow me to update all the mapping i.e. Western Europe & USA under "The Latest map Guarantee"? The other thing I noticed is that on my 920T Guam was included, it is missing off the 930.

Finally the Postcodes are not working properly, when I try to navigate to a postcode it accepts the first 4 digits and displays suggestions underneath as normal but not the last 3, I think I recall other peeps having trouble with 930's I will run a search to find an answer, unless someone can give a quick link to save me the trouble.

All replies welcome,

SDM197.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: New 930T Map version, Post Codes not working Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
I will run a search to find an answer, unless someone can give a quick link to save me the trouble.

No, you take the trouble. Rolling Eyes

You should always use the Search facility before posting a question.
Samsung Galaxy S21
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Done all my searches,my wrists are stinging where they have been slapped Embarassed

It definitely appears Guam has been removed, there are not any threads specifically about it, but this is strange as Tom Toms website still list it as being a separate map included on the unit, if you check the maps tab on the 930 info. Not that I will be probably driving in Guam , but thats not the point.

All the other parts of the post have been answered,

SDM197.
930tPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need to do a search if people put meaningful topic titles. "tom tom help" etc is a bit vague.

Anyway there is a thread on the postcodes somewhere on the first three pages, but you need to be a clairvoyant to know from the title.

I had the same problem and downloaded the postcodes from the link supplied. They appear to be version 700 or something. I don't know if that means they are for a map of the same version number. I added them to my 930T and tried my own postcode. It now accepts the full postcode but it's got me at the next street. I am hoping this is just because the postcodes don't match my map.

Somewhere in that thread It suggsted emailing tom tom to ask for a version that suits the map installed. This is all balls as they just sent me a link to the same file Sad

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=postcode&FID=9852
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link, normally I do search, the problem I get is that sometimes you get literally hundreds of hits, and sometimes as you say it is not obvious by the name of the thread.

This is why we join a community, to help each other,

Thanks again,

SDM197.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdm197 wrote:
Done all my searches,my wrists are stinging where they have been slapped Embarassed

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but I certainly find that, in order to try to answer a question, I usually have to do a search first. And the Forum Rules do say

Quote:
Before posting a query it always good practice to search the forums for previous postings. It is very likely that your issue may have been answered already.

Anyway, I'm glad you found the answers, and I hope the red weals left by my fingers have gone from your wrists by now. Laughing
Samsung Galaxy S21
sdm197
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anita,

You were right of course Smile , I suppose its because I spend so long on here searching for so many problems with Tom Tom, I was being a bit lazy.

The red marks are disappearing now! Still no harm done,

Thanks for your reply,

SDM197.
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Post Codes Reply with quote

930tPaul. The link to the Post Codes is great, they look as though they are newer than the ones I have on my 520T. So I will change them over. Thumbs Up
Well worth the new thread sdm197
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the .ver file by right clicking it and select Open With/ Notepad and you will see what version of Postcode data you have - Mike
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike. Both the same version 701. It was the 'Date Modified' that made me think it was newer. So when do they update them. Surely there are loads of new post codes with all the new builds going up around the UK.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware the latest postcodes available are v701 UK and v710 NL. If your download versions (OR the ones TT give you!) do not have .ver files supplied with them, it is unlikely they are the latest ones.

The latest link above looks like it IS the latest, the direct link to the same thing is
http://tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/map7/wezipcodes715.zip
930tPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
The latest link above looks like it IS the latest, the direct link to the same thing is
http://tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/map7/wezipcodes715.zip

I was going to say that the link I provided ends up at the same file that was linked to in the other thread. I haven't found anything new Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: