Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help removing official TT speed cam database ???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help removing official TT speed cam database ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Help removing official TT speed cam database ??? Reply with quote

Hi, anyone advise me the easiest way off completly removing the offficial Tomtom speed camera database from my TT one v2 ?? want to replace it with the consolidated speed cam files from this site.

cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the FAQ page which can be found by clicking Here #13 details how to do this, whilst the One isn't mentioned directly it is the same as the others for file removal - Mike
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use HOME2 and use the "Remove items from my One" function (the cmeras are under the 'Points of Interest' heading or use Windows Explorer, navigate to the map directory and remove the three files (Safety_Cam_UK_*****) associated with the cameras.
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks so much guys really do appreciatte your very quick replies to my question ?? have added the zoned camera database onto the unit, have added the " liz " file for the zoned cameras which I belive also goes into the same folder ie. uk etc map ?? just need to find out how exactly you configure each individual speed camera to the relevant voice file ??!!

okay I now find that if I go into -

Manage POI Warn when near POI and select most off the speed camera associated files ie.UK mobile20, specs 20 /3040 etc that I can set the distance to warn but when I press okay I dont get the option off selecting a warning sound, there was one speed camera associated file that I did get the choice off selecting a warning sound for " pocketgps uk pmobile " but unfortunatatly the " liz " voice file was not one off the given options.

so okay guess I have possibly placed this " liz " file within the wrong folder ??!! if so can someone put me right, almost thre please stay with me !!

also using " liz " for my main sat nav directions without any problems just having problems getting the liz zoned camera files working !!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to the FAQ page whick I linked to in my earlier post and read through #5 this will guide you through what is needed to be done, you have the ogg files in the right place all it needs is configuring which the guide explains - Mike
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks again mike, unfortunatly as the risk off becomming a complete pain in the .... !! I have to admitt I am still having problems despite reading and re-reading the sticky you kindly pointed me to.

okay the sitaution is this, If I go to " warn when near POI " and chose any off the speed camera files I only get the option to change the distance in yards, the screen will show the highlighted distance ie. 300 yards or whatver I then press okay and it just stays on the same screen with this 300 yards figure highlighted.

( the only other options on thgis screen is cancel and the back arrow, pressing the back arrowrestts the distance in yards to zero and cancel just takes you back to the choose POI category again )

the above only happens when selectiong any off the speed camera related POI`s selecting any other type off POI works okay.

from what I am reading this should be the case ?? and if I were to get the option to choose the sound file then something is wrong - correct ??!!

the difference I am getting on my set up " TOMTOM ONE V3 " from khe example in the sticky is that when I initially select the type off camera I want to configure I dont get this " do you want to delete or remove the warning " I also dont get the warn only if POI on route screen option either.

okay so at the end off the day all you are doing to configure the zoned cameras to work in conjunction with the " liz " zoned voice files is to put them in the correct folder ie. within uk etc maps and set the distance to warn option, the correct voice warning file ie. gatso 40 etc will automatically be configured when the gatso 40 camera is encountered ??

thanks for your continuing help.

john
jono4000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update, just re-installed the original " LIZ " cam warning voice files and seems everything is fine now, thanks again appreciatte your advice.

cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: