Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Info on Infomap and PDA please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Info on Infomap and PDA please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhowse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Info on Infomap and PDA please Reply with quote

Hi all after trawling web have found this very useful site ..phew....thanks have just orderd infomap for the laptop (voice and europe) and after reading infomap details understand can export basic maps to my pda which is a Jornada548 with 32Meg and 128meg flash storage running on WIN CE with the SH3, though from what I gather is not compatible as it is not the ARM processor is this true?? are there any fix's for that.

Also if it is not compaible with my jornada sometime in the future I will think about getting a navigation sofware for it , so any tips on what is best would be much appreciated

using haicom 204 gps reciever understand the CF recievers take away map storage space.

Thanks
Mark
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no fix unfortunately, it was written with ARM processors in mind and so would need to be re-written to work on the 548's sh3 processor.

TomTom Navigator 2 works on the sh3, this has just been replaced by v3 and I do not know if that still applies. The sh3 was dropped a while back and the latest version of PocketPC (WM2003) will only run on an ARM Processor which all current PocketPC's use.

I'm afraid that it is already becoming harder to find sh3 compatible appliucations and this will get worse progressively. You may find that you will be forced to replace the Jornada soon Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: