Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 3.054 STILL SAME ERRORS IN ROUTING!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 3.054 STILL SAME ERRORS IN ROUTING!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Destinator 3.054 STILL SAME ERRORS IN ROUTING! Reply with quote

I'm so bl**dy disappointed on Destinator 3.054. In my opinion the program is near to useless due to the faulty routing it is giving.

A good example is to let Destinator route my way to my work about 40 km away, (well I've been driving the same road almost in ten years and know the surroundings very well).

Instead of keeping me on the main roads Destinator wants me to drive zigzagging through minor streets. It happens a lot on many different roads and cities. It is of no use to change the preferences to "shortest" or "fastest" calculation. It’s quite the same.

I believe that I'm not the only one having this problem. I sincerely hope that Powerloc will try to solve this problem as fast as they can, as I believed that it would be incorporated in this major upgrade.

My reason to chose Destinator 3 was of the fine material provided by Navtech, as I’m not so delighted with Teleatlas.

// Anders
Sweden

Ps. I have used both TomTom v2 and Navman SmartSt Pro and they always keep me on major roads. Ds.
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree the routing is terrible, I was two miles away from Junction 1 M5 today but destinator3 wanted to send me acoss the centre of Birmingham to get to Bromsrove which is on junction 4 M5...Kane destinator2 showed the route using the motorway.. What do i do do I ditch it for copilot4 or tom tom3? reading their treads i just don't know.
GPSinC3
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've see quite an improvement with 054, uses main roads and sensible rerouting if you divert, maybe just lucky but definetely not same problems as before, although not perfect.

I agree more control on routes as per autoroute would be very nice

I notice howver that the routes now don't have the motorway junctions, got on M1 at 16, next instructions 59 miles J28, so no more reminders at every junction about keep right, however this works against us when trying to do avoids, wanted to miss J21, 22, 23, car fire, needed six recalucations, ie avouid J28, recal, avoid J27, etc etc
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Im waiting to get the Kane version because Kane Destinator modifies it in a big way so it doesn’t have all these problems. And they are just about to release Destinator 3 in about 2 weeks time.
AJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
Hi

Im waiting to get the Kane version because Kane Destinator modifies it in a big way so it doesn’t have all these problems. And they are just about to release Destinator 3 in about 2 weeks time.

Can you please tell me more about what Kane Destinator is?
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Kane is a company who buys in the software Destinator and then they ship it out as Kane car pilot
even though once Kane buy the software in they modify it in a big way. sometimes they modify it in such a big way the interface does not look like Destinator no more but still has all the same features as if you wood buy if from Destinators main web site. Kane are a good company they have had Destinator 3 for sometime now. but they said they will not release it to they are happy with it because they no that the main program of Destinator is got some big problems with it at the mo. I rang them a few days ago and they said they have sorted all the problems of the Destinator 3 out and they are getting ready to release it in the next 2 weeks or so.

Kanes web site

www.kanegear.com
AJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. I will keep an eye on their website to see when they will release the software.

Too bad that Powerloc hasn't resolved this extremly important issue, especially if it is known to others, e.g Kane. I sincerely hope they will fix it!

Best regards from Sweden
Anders
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Jo Thumbs Up ... I use both Kane car pilot and Destinator3 but I'll definately be buying Kane's updated version when it's released. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: