Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint 2.02 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint 2.02 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpfrost
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint 2.02 problem Reply with quote

I have installed Checkpoint 2.02 and set the options to automatically run when Tomtom is run.

However this is not happeningi and I keep forgetting to turn it on!

Anyone know how I can make the Auto Start happen? I have tried uninstalling Checkpoint and starting again but with no luck.

Thanks.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As long as you have both check boxes ticked in the General Settings in CheckPOInt:

Don’t start TTNav. You must manually start CheckPOInt, which then automatically starts TTNav. You must shutdown TTNav and CheckPOInt will automatically stop. Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Clarkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are new to all this you may be having the same problems as me. I have lost count of the number of times I reset, re-installed etc before coming to these conclusions and realising I'm not as bright as I would like to be Smile
1. When you install checkpoint make sure Tom Tom is shut down (see 5 below) otherwise you may have problems with check boxes that you can't tick and the interaction between Tom Tom and Checkpoint not appearing to work. A soft reset may also help if you are having trouble.
2. If there are no entries under recorded POI's in checkpoint setup, even though you have saved the speed camera database from this site into the same folder as your Tom Tom map, don't worry. I think checkpoint only looks at its own file which is probably empty.
3. I also took a couple of the sound files from the Checkpoint 3 download and saved them with the Tom Tom sound files to link to as verbal warnings at 30 seconds and 10 seconds.
4. Once you are in Tom Tom, if the speed cameras don't appear on your map, make sure you have the bitmap picture saved with the data in the folder with your Tom Tom map and that you have been into File > Properties, selected the POI tab and put crosses against all the speedcamera databases you have saved. If you don't see any entry here you have not saved the OV2 file. If you see an entry but no picture you have not saved the bitmap to go with the OV2 file.
5. Before checking that everything is working make sure Tom Tom is shut down. Tapping the cross in the top right does not appear to exit the program, it just seems to sort of minimise it. To exit the program you must either tap File > Exit from the map screen of Tom Tom or tap on the Tom Tom Navigator screen then tap on more a couple of times then tap on Exit Application and tap on Yes when asked.
6. Now, provided you have checked the two boxes, Tom Tom will start when you launch Checkpoint and Checkpoint will close when you exit Tom Tom (again, see point 5) I set the 3rd button on my Pocket PC to launch checkpoint but that is just personal preference.
7. If you are also installing the brilliant postcode program that you can find a link to on this site don't do it until now. All you need to do is copy the data and .exe files over, make a shortcut and copy it to windows\Start Menu and for reasons I don't understand (I call it magic) it will work. I think installing checkpoint does whatever is necessary to get the postcodes working, I had no luck with the installation using the file provided with the postcodes.

You probably didn't need all of this but I thought I would share with everyone the problems that I encountered so you can all pick out at least one point where you can say "what an idiot, everyone knows that" and feel a little superior :D

Of course, if I have got any of this wrong please put me and anyone who may be reading straight at once.

Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: