Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - newbie with go710 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie with go710 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meangrinch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: newbie with go710 problem Reply with quote

Hi can you help lads? I have a go710 come back from repair and they say it is a software prob and I am hitting a brick wall with support, they see I need a reg cleaner so comp will recognise it.
My prob ...is speech only works when you push bottom l/h cnr and when you plug in to comp and press yes to connect on device..screen goes black and then the bar goes across at bottom (like when sd card comes out) and then unit swicthes off. Comp does not recognise device in 'my computer' or in device manager. I have tried resetting for 35 secs (cant feel pin being depressed) to no avail. support said I need a reg cleaner to clear reistry in tom tom file but i had no success in finding it and now they are not replying to my questions.
I have a back up in tom tom home so can you advise where I go from here?

Thanks Paul
Brickie64
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,
I have a file that was sent to me by TomTom support that I used to clear my registry OK on my Windows XP machine at home.
If you like I'll try to send it through to you.

Gav

Garmin Nuvi 3598 + GO 720 (+USA Map Card) + NavFree for iPhone in case all else fails ;-)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the SD Card in a Card Reader?

I would do an Explorer Backup, and not rely on the HOME Backup. See #1 on the FAQs Page.

I would suggest that you re-install the software by following the TT instructions in This Post.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: