Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help please with nuvi 760 pois
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please with nuvi 760 pois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpeters
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Help please with nuvi 760 pois Reply with quote

i have just got myself a nuvi 760 to rplace my tomtom900 i am a hgv driver i need to get my speed cameras low bridges truck stops etcetc on the garmin but cannot figure it out i have got poi uploader and tried to transfer them but i cant find them anywhwre on my garmin could someone please help me sort this out how do u actually put them on and more to the point see them on the garmin many thanks in advance if a expert could pm me a mobile number that would be great many thanks in advance.

English By Birth Lancastrian by The Grace Of God
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put all your POIs files in a folder on your PC.

Run POILoader and tell it to install the POIs in the folder you made. If you did it right it'll tell you how many POIs were installed.

To find them on your 760

Where to?
Extras
Custom POIs
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...

If you place them in sub-folders then POILoader will store them in categories based on the name of the folder. It keeps them more organised on the nuvi.

EG on your PC

POIFolder
Folder1
(POIs)
Folder2
(POIs)

Will give you two categories (Folder1 and Folder2) on your nuvi.

Note that the nuvi will display POIs in order of distance from your current (or last recorded) position.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please be aware that following that advise to the letter i.e using folder name Folder1 and Folder2 will result in your being alerted to the POIs if you are travelling over 1 mph or 2 mph respectively. Please use names without numbers in them.

This is because POILoader treats some folder names as if they relate to speed cameras. Words such as Mobile, Gato etc will cause POILoader to treat the data differently. Numbers will cause it to set an alert for those POIs at the speed indicated by the number in the folder title.

This also causes problems with the Q8 petrol Station POIs and T-Mobile POIs. Laughing

See also this thread.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that apply to folder names or just POI names? I've never tried - but point taken! Laughing
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm half right. If a camera has an @30, @40 etc its ok but where the cameras have no speed or @0 the folder name over rides.

From the thread above

Quote:
I have found out what was causing the 3 mph error

I had broken up the csv files into convenient blocks and put them in subdirectories called speedcameras1 , speedcameras2, speedcameras3 and speedcameras4.

The variable ones and those with @0 were then defaulting to 1, 2, 3, or 4 mph instead of none depending on which subdirectory they were in.

By altering the subdirectories to speedcamerasa, b c and d I have now got a speed of none in the place I got 3mph or for that matter 1mph 2mph or 3mph before.

I hope this makes sense. It appears that any number in the title of the directory or files holding the csv files will be the default mph instead of 0 or nothing at all. @20, @30 @40, @50 etc seems to overide the default.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: