Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom One XL frozen - HELP !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom One XL frozen - HELP !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: TomTom One XL frozen - HELP ! Reply with quote

Yesterday my TT One XL froze - i was following a route, but decided to add a detour - no problems there but then the unit froze, and turning off and on gave no response bar the splash screen.

I've done the reset with the paper clip on the base of the unit, but it now asks for the activation code - enter product code on ttcode.com (verifies as genuine) to get activation code. Try to enter it but getting error message saying it isn't a genuine activation code ?

I can't understand this - i updated the software a few weeks ago via TT Home and its been fine since. Only additional files are the speed cameras from here and a splash screen (none of which added recently).

TT website suggests it might be flash memory full, and need to run clear_flash utility ???
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add its the version with card slot - i copied the original card over to a bigger capacity card, and its been fine for 9 months.

I can't try the original as i'm away from home currently.

I've tried removing and reinstalling the card - makes no difference.

Presumably i have no flash memory as i'm using the SD card ???
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran flash_clear program

seemed to work second time of asking, managed to get as far as the activation code acceptance screnn when the dam thing froze again.

Rebooted , back to the start again, asking to set language and preferences etc

When i get to the voice screen it won't accept Jane and after a few minutes reboots itself. !!

Any clues ?
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaarrggghhhhh !

really fed up now - i've tried two different 2Gb SD cards, the one i was using and another.

I delete all the card and reinstall my original tomtom version 6.594 - works ok.

Connect to TT Home (v2.3) and it automatically downloads v7.162, but then fails at the install phase due to read erro on file F:/system.

This has been consistent on the last three attemps - earlier it was failing on another file 'libeos' or somthing similar ??

So i';m back to original factory spec of 9 months ago, with no ability to update via TT Home.

Thanks TomTom
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a backup with you taken from a point in time prior to the device going wrong?
If you do, format the card and re-install the backup, if not there is little that can be done if the data on the card has become corupt - Mike
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mike - i have the original TomTom SD Card from when i bought the unit back in October. I basically just copied that in its entirity and then added to the duplicate as updates and speed camera databases came along.

I have managed to make another copy and it works fine, albeit i have the old version so no mapshare etc.

I will try again to do an update via TT Home but several attempts last night failed.

I'll pick up a new SD card too in case there is an issue with both of the ones i've tried.

In future i'll make a back up as i go along i think !
alanji
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

percymon wrote:
In future i'll make a back up as i go along i think !

Having spent hours trying to rectify problems, I can thouroughly recommend it - before allowing Home to install any software upgrades! And the backup should be done using Explorer not Home.
percymon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the original version worked faultlessly today, albeit it seemed very low rent and featureless by comparison !

So tonight i thought i'd try again - connected to TTHome, downloaded the first update without issue. disconnected, reconnected and got the udate to v8.010 without issues.

Now my success might be due to the numerous anonymous error reports i sent to TomTom last night, so they could have fixed summat their end, but the only other thing i did differently tonight was use a different usb cable to connect to the PC.

Either way i'm back where i was on Monday plus an uptodate backup !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: