Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with tom tom 930
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with tom tom 930

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Problems with tom tom 930 Reply with quote

I hope someone can help me here as tom tom when you call them have no idea, I have just got the english version of the 930 unit, and I have tried to use my use guarantee latest maps I have versiom 800 and want to update to 805, and I also want to update the ameraican maps as well, but when doing this through home it comes up with the message that I cant use the map guarantee with these maps. I asked tom tom why and they said they had no idea, and to send in my receipt for my tomtom, but they are changing the way on 2nd support how they will deal with this probelm and it could take 2 weeks I said no way am i waiting that long.

Second problem is when I am downloading the speed cams from this site and I asign a sound to my warning, when I put the 930 back on the home dock its resetting all the sounds to bell 1 , can anyone help with these 2 problems thanx.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem

It has now been escalted but they still seem adamant that even with proof of purchase etc that they will not offer the V805 maps for free under map guarantee,
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rang handtec where I got my unit from and they are saying I have the uk version while tom tom are saying I have the euro version, but tomtom are saying the english version is not out until next week in this country , I just dont know what to do , I got one from pixiemania which I sent back and I got a english one (so I thought) but it had uk voices on it.
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EU - ENGLISH

It should not matter, we are all part of the EU they have to provide warranty and support for units purchased and used in ANY EU Country

I really do not know what he game is with them

It really seems like the MORON Pills are being added to the water cooler in bigger doses than normal at the moment in TT HQ
bertlevis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 930 Reply with quote

Having purchased the new 930 within the last 8 days, it was working fine until it came to updates. Specifically the maps. I was informed that there are updates to be made to the maps, and naturally I allowed the updates to take effect. It took about 90 mins and then came the problems. the total updates (I get the error Activation failed- Sorry this is not the correct activation code for the product 'Western_and_Central_Europe'.)i.e the maps are to big for the Tomtom and after spending a great deal of time on the support desk for the last 4 days, Tomtom are looking for a solution, and will be back to me shortly? Any body got any ideas or similar experience please.
Gmonkey
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you have any luck with the navcore update from today? there was an update put out for all 930s today. maybe that can help
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I did not know about the update for the 930 , when I update it later today Ill let you know , thanx
bertlevis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: 930 Problems continued Reply with quote

Havings spent many hours talking to Tomtom and removing software on the Sat Nav etc, I finally took the unit back to Halfords, as whatever back- up I had effected, I wouldn't be sure what was remaining. Tomtom had me 'jumping through hoops' and I was still no further forward. It transpires that there is a major problem with the down-load of the new maps, they are far too big for the unit, creating all sorts of problems. I hve contacted Tomtom stating my disgust at the service and lack of honest professionalism that i have experience from their technical support department, and more importantly I do not intnd to do any down-loads etc until they or halfords confirm to me that the problems have been sorted.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no good solution to the problem of map size. The download now includes VR for the map you are updating. The maps included with the device when you purchased it did not include dual-continent VR files. TomTom was of course aware that full maps with support files would not fit, but chose not to add any more storage. Not very intelligent in my opinion. Where one map originally was about. 1.4gigs (no VR) and the other about 1.9 (rounded figures), both are now about 1.9 and will not fit on the insufficient storage of the 930. No way to even download until you backup and remove all maps from your TomTom. Then download the new map. Now put one map on SD and the other back in the device. Only way I know to do it.
bertlevis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: 930 continued problems Reply with quote

I have via Tomtom tried that with the maps, however you then have to have each map assigned to your unit. It then did not work. As an after thought Tomtom had me remove the CS speech files from the USA maps (413mb), to reduce the size. Again after spending nearly 2 hours this still did not work. Given the cost of the unit and the costs of hard drive space, I certainly find it difficult to understand ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: