Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Failed W.Europe Map installation on my TT1 XL - please help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Failed W.Europe Map installation on my TT1 XL - please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brauliox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Failed W.Europe Map installation on my TT1 XL - please help Reply with quote

I have just bought a TT1 XL, with a pre-loaded Brazil Map, and a 3rd party 2GB SD Card. I've installed the application, voices, Brazil map etc in the SD Card and it is all working fine.

Using TomTom Home 2.x, I've bought and downloaded W.Europe map, which now shows as stored in my computer. When trying to install this map in the equipment, it all goes well and the final message says it's all OK, although the installation process happens too fast. But the new map doesn't show in the equipment, only the Brazil map. Can anyone understand what is going on?

thanks,

Brauliox
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Failed W.Europe Map installation on my TT1 XL - please h Reply with quote

brauliox wrote:
I have just bought a TT1 XL, with a pre-loaded Brazil Map, and a 3rd party 2GB SD Card. I've installed the application, voices, Brazil map etc in the SD Card and it is all working fine.

Using TomTom Home 2.x, I've bought and downloaded W.Europe map, which now shows as stored in my computer. When trying to install this map in the equipment, it all goes well and the final message says it's all OK, although the installation process happens too fast. But the new map doesn't show in the equipment, only the Brazil map. Can anyone understand what is going on?

thanks,

Brauliox

When trying to install the WE map, did you select external storage or internal for TT to install to?
brauliox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

none. just pressed the button install. without the SD Card, if I try to do the same I get a message of insuficcient memory.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brauliox wrote:
none. just pressed the button install. without the SD Card, if I try to do the same I get a message of insuficcient memory.

I'm not familiar with that model but, if you have the sd card installed and you connect to the computer, when you run TTHome, does it not ask which storage you want to use? If not, try a pin reset on the unit, then connect to the computer and start up home and see if it asks then.
brauliox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your prompt answer. will do that tonight and get back to you. cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The One XL will not allow data to be shared accross the two memory areas, you must have the whole lot on either the internal storage memory or the SD card.
If you want you can have one map plus all the support files/ application on the internal memory and put the new map plus the application and all the support files on the card.
To use the new map insert the card and the device will boot to the card, to go back to the old map simply remove the SD card - Mike
brauliox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's OK. I've done that with the Brazil map alone, installed in the SD Card together with the apps, voices etc, it works. It's when I try to install teh W.Europe map that the problem ocurrs: installation is too fast to be complete, much faster than the Brasil map installation, which is 20 times smaller. Final message says installation is complete but TT1 shows only Brazil map.

Is it possible to unzip and copy the map files manually to the TT1? If so, are the .zip/.cab files encrypted? I couldn't unzip the files with Windows Explorer or RAR (didn't try Winzip yet), maybe they are corrupted.
skyliner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but if the file you have got is in a ZIP folder I would have thought that you would have to extract it first otherwise it would just copy the ZIP folder across to the Tom Tom which would not then be recognised as a map folder.

If you look at the SD card on your PC without using thr HOME program does either the map or the ZIP folder appear?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find the Western_Europe-Map.cab file on the PC right click it and select properties, can you report back with the file size, it sounds like you might have a corrupt download - Mike
brauliox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: problem solved Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. The problem was indeed a corrupt download. TT Support also have been helpful. All I had to do was to delete the W.Europe map folder from both my TT1 and my computer and start TT Home again. The map update was then made available for donwload again and all went fine this time. Thank you all.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: