Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new snooper sirius truckmate (HGV)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new snooper sirius truckmate (HGV)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueCharger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Syrius 2000 Snooper Reply with quote

Only just found this article.
I used the above with what I deem to be very good success during March 2009. Travelled from N uk to Austria & return, with no problems, it showed all (too many ) cameras and speed/s. low bridges in accorance with my settings for the hight of my motorhome etc. It also showed any & all traffic jams with a route around them.
I did play safe with it as I also used Garmin Nuvi 265W this to gave pritty much good results except showing a differance in the planned route, that is after a lot of time planning the same route as it wouldn't work with-out a post code.
Also used my old Medion which really needs a software update as well as maps.

The most annoing thing about the 2000 was the count down of any camera especailly on the M40.
Then to, the update, how the hell are you to know just what is being updated???
If anyone could enlighten me, it might be usefull to know!!!

I did at one time have maps of USA & canada for the Medion & now that I'll be needing them, I find that Her-in-doors has used the memory cards with the maps on, for her picture taking of our trip through europe, so now what am I to do for the trip across USA this December?
Go without Old Faithful supose!
dopey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly a year on since i got it, so an update for you..... It has in fairness been improved immensely, the bridges are very accurate now, and it will guide you away from low ones, and just warn you about your approach to others

Restrictions are a pain, if as an e.g. i put in a post code and say there's a 7.5 ton restriction in that road it wont even give me the road or map of it end of story, although the road i am looking for can be used for access only, so although i am allowed to use it, it wont take me there or near to it, i have to use a paper map chose another road next to it, with no tonnage restriction that it will accept and then go there!!! it doesn't happen often, but then again why should it happen at all? it should at lest give you a road next to or adjacent to that one you wanted, and then if its accesses only you can go down it

Otherwise all the other functions are working fine, but like i say it is improving, the speaker on the phone rattles you just cant understand the person on the other end of the like, maybe i have it up too high??

Quote:
The most annoing thing about the 2000 was the count down of any camera especailly on the M40.

The reason for this (like the M25) is its a variable speed camera so you have a warning on the approach (as it wont know what the speed restriction is) like you say its annoying (especially on the M25) almost every gantry you go under is a speed trap, so its consistently warning you most of the time
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: 2 Updates No Improvement Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Just throught i would do a post as i havent done one since May, i have had two updates since then and there is now two bridges that i have found that are not recorded properly, both are recorded on the maps as around 11' high but are over 16', this did cause me a problem in port of par, good job i rang the company before i went as truckmate just decided to route me under a 11' bridge even though i was 14' high, because it was on a main A road, which brings me to colour coded gray roads which represent housing estates, which is fine but also represent industrial areas which i have found strange, truckmate doesnt like the gray road so this causes some very strange routing, also watch out for very tight turns, i have come a cropper a couple of times, and also it doesnt always alert you of a turn, i come to a T junction the other week, as i approached the junction it told me to turn right so i did, but what i actually wanted me to do is turn left then immediately right, still cant believe i cant install my own POI's, and why can you report speed cameras but not low bridges ect, i still feel this system needs to be more user friendly, i personal think the new tomtom for trucks needs a look as snooper just dont seem to care about there customers, and HVG drivers need this customer care, as we get NO second chances, just a blue light.
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Can It Getting any Worse Reply with quote

H, Guys,
Just thought i would add a little to my last post, i went to chelmsford the other day, the road i wanted had three ways into it, one had a low bridge 12', one was unsuiteable for HGV's and one was tricky but the only way in, well i registered my lorry as 14'6", well snooper truckmate took me the low bridge way what a surprise, then i went to belverder in london and went on a wild goose chase to miss a weight limit which was only to 7am, but came back out that way, to be honest i'm starting to think this is a turkey in sheeps clothing, theres on save route options for via points ect, you can only use either one via point or avoid road not both, can only add waypoint in favourites, so adding a truck stops ect is a pain but could be bearable if the rest worked.
cathy500
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: snooper Reply with quote

how many poi`s can you store on this machine
OxfordFlyer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem i have with my S600 truckmate is that it sometimes freezes and have to turn it off then on again.

Never did it with the old software i had on it, does it now with the new software. I do have an I-Phone which is possible is causing it .

Anyone else had the same problem?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: