Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi all need help with x350 carrera
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all need help with x350 carrera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fubsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Hi all need help with x350 carrera Reply with quote

Hi all brought a binatone x350 carrera and i cannot find any updates ie maps or speed cameras on the binatone website, does anyone know where i can find updates?

Also while im here does anyone know if i can put tomtom 6+ onto and sd card and run it straight from the sd card or do i need to overwrite the orignal software?

Greetz
Fubsy
GROOVED
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused hard you can do it Smile
Professor_Popkiss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Restrictive X350 ?? Reply with quote

I have recently purchased an "M&S" branded X350 and noted the useless Binatone website. M&S advised that extra maps can be purchased by phoning Binatone... apparantly they are supplied on an SD card.

I was also interested in creating my own POI and downloading it into the machine. The POI files seem to be in some strange format (.CDT) and I can't seem to find any info or tools. However, even if I could Binatone advise that to download ANYTHING that they don't produce and officially make available will "invalidate my warranty" - this seems very shortsighted especially as they don't seem to produce anything !!!

Do all manufacturers do this ?

I'm a newbie on Sat Navs so any advice on a unit that doesn't have such a limited map availabilty and restrictive practices would be welcome.

Thanks all ....
phoenix_05
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im after exactly the same thing. Ive discovered that if you can boot up the machine in its winCE.net v 5.0 rather then the software you should be able to run tomtom or something else concurrently. You can install a patch on to other devices but i havnt found any to install on this one... any ideas?
Dunmapreadin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi all need help with x350 carrera Reply with quote

Fubsy wrote:
Hi all brought a binatone x350 carrera and i cannot find any updates ie maps or speed cameras on the binatone website, does anyone know where i can find updates?

Also while im here does anyone know if i can put tomtom 6+ onto and sd card and run it straight from the sd card or do i need to overwrite the orignal software?

Greetz
Fubsy

I phoned Binatone and they said that there are no updates because the Carrera A350 is new and when updates become available they will be posted on the website. I notice though that you were looking for updates in March!
The Carrera A350 is not as new as I thought. Oh well, you get what whoever gave it to you for your birthday paid for.

To be fair it is quite good and I haven't had any real bloopers from it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: