Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Broken Stylus :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Stylus :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Broken Stylus :( Reply with quote

Just went to use the stylus in my x980t and was shocked to find the top of the stylus came out and the rest is stuck in the unit.
I have tried all manner of things to try and get the stylus out and it's well and truly stuck.

I know you can get replacement covers for the x980t and it looks like if I take the cover off I would be able to get to the rest of the stylus so my question is doesn't anyone know how the cover comes off?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a tiny amount of "Super Glue" on the end of the stylus you can remove, carefully insert it into the hole , wait for 60 seconds then try and remove the whole lot (I have used this method on a PDA in the past when I snapped one) - Mike
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I'll have to give that a try.
Drifter47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Stylus :( Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
I know you can get replacement covers for the x980t and it looks like if I take the cover off I would be able to get to the rest of the stylus so my question is doesn't anyone know how the cover comes off?
Yes, I do; hold the 980 either side with the screen facing away from you. Using your thumbs at the bottom edge and within the middle of the unit (your left thumb is just under the reset hole) push up and carefully remove the cover plate. It was a bit daunting the first time but it is meant to be removed and replaced.
RCorry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Stylus :( Reply with quote

jonandmarkuk wrote:
Just went to use the stylus in my x980t and was shocked to find the top of the stylus came out and the rest is stuck in the unit.

I know I'm a bit late replying to this. I almost had the same problem. I noticed that the Stylus head wasn't flush with the unit when stored in it's slot. On checking it out I noticed that the tip is threaded onto the end of the Stylus. If you haven't done so already, try rotating the stylus so that the tip threads back on.
Cartography Edition 2007

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: