Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT 530 USING TMC FOR TRAFFIC & MP3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT 530 USING TMC FOR TRAFFIC & MP3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: TT 530 USING TMC FOR TRAFFIC & MP3 Reply with quote

I am seeking some information regarding the TomTom 530 TMC. I have been in discussions with Carcomm who are producing a new cradle for this model and I understand that it may have output cables for both the TMC and MP3. I am looking to purchase the new 530 and would be interested to know from anyone who has one, whether you can configure the unit for the directions to be sent via the MP3 into a stereo system rather than using the FM transmissions . I would also want to use the TMC traffic, as I've not seen a 530 to date I would like to know if there are separate ports for both the TMC and MP3 or whether they shared. If this is the case does it mean that I would have to sacrifice the TMC took root directions by hardwiring to the stereo.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have either the iPOD cable OR RDS-TMC cable connected to the TomTom as they both use the same connection point. The TomTom has a number of options for audio output:

Its own speaker
FM Transmitter
Line Out (3.5MM socket)
HiFi Bluetooth Audio

To be honest I would look at putting a 4GB SDHC in the TomTom and put your music on the card, use the TomTom as the music player rather than connecting to an iPOD as the device will not be charged when connected to the TomTom - Then connect the audio output from the unit to the car deck (Bluetooth audio is best for sound quality, but finding a Bluetooth deck that will work with the TomTom can be challenging) At least with this setup you can then use the RDS-TMC receiver - Mike
dragon01
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom 530 Using Stereo for Direction Information. Reply with quote

Mike, thank you for your reply to the questions I had using a new TT 530. Probably through lack of knowledge on my part, the questions may have been misleading insomuch that I did not understand the usage of MP3. I have a new Citroen C4 which is fitted with a stereo radio and a separate Bluetooth system for my mobile phone. The Bluetooth was factory fitted and brings all the telephone information up on the radio screen. What I'm trying to achieve is to use the tom-tom 530 sending just the speech direction information to the inbuilt stereo system. At the moment I'm using a 520 and this is being rooted using the FM option but I find that as I drive from area to area it suffers from interference regardless of where I tune it to. At the moment I have found that 97.3 is probably the least affected by interference. Having seen the options on the TomTom I noted that it could be connected by direct link into the back of the stereo. One thing that concerns me on this is the following that is printed in the TomTom manual. (You cannot listen to your car stereo and use the audio cable to play sound from your GO on the car stereo at the same time. )
If this is the case then it may be a bit impractical to use a fixed cable as I intend to use one of the new Carcomm cradles so there would be no way of temporarily disconnecting it. If I'm forced to use the FM system can you suggest any area of frequency that may be less prone to interference from other stations. I appreciate that connecting different pieces of equipment can be problematic and difficult at times and my lack of knowledge and understanding on the subject probably does not help. Any further help you can give on this matter would be appreciated.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: