Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pMOBILE Verification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pMOBILE Verification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: pMOBILE Verification Reply with quote

I submitted a police mobile camera location (pMOBILE:41084) on the A12 some months ago and it is still showing in black on the map which, I understand, means that it has not been verified yet. This was a clear, unequivocal sighting which even prompted my wife to comment that my satnav hadn't warned me of its location... much to her delight and amusement, I might add!!!

When I reported it I used the comments box extensively; giving the date and approximate time of the sighting, describing its location within the layby, the fact that it was a police van with the camera on a tripod, etc, etc.

I am somewhat concerned that it has taken so long for Pocket GPS World to verify this sighting..... surely Essex ? police would have a record of this, not least because they must have records of speeding convictions from this location!

Any news on the progress of the verification of this sighting would be much appreciated.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: pMOBILE Verification Reply with quote

aclem wrote:
I submitted a police mobile camera location (pMOBILE:41084) on the A12 some months ago and it is still showing in black on the map which, I understand, means that it has not been verified yet. This was a clear, unequivocal sighting which even prompted my wife to comment that my satnav hadn't warned me of its location... much to her delight and amusement, I might add!!!

When I reported it I used the comments box extensively; giving the date and approximate time of the sighting, describing its location within the layby, the fact that it was a police van with the camera on a tripod, etc, etc.

I am somewhat concerned that it has taken so long for Pocket GPS World to verify this sighting..... surely Essex ? police would have a record of this, not least because they must have records of speeding convictions from this location!

Any news on the progress of the verification of this sighting would be much appreciated.

You don't appear to understand the verification process for mobiles. Firstly, neither Police nor Camera Partnerships release information on the precise location of their mobile sites nor would they confirm the location of a site if approached as you suggest.

Unlike fixed sites which we can verify by visiting, to verify a mobile site we require a minimum of two further independent reports from members or verifiers who have witnessed the site in action. In this case there have been no further sightings as yet. Until such time as there are further reports the site will remain recorded as a pMobile.

I appreciate this may be frustrating but there is no other way we can verify the site.
TVR_nut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a new potential site has appeared on the database, on the A565 just NW of Southport, near Banks, on Gravel Lane. It is marked as a Pmobile60 - whereas the dual carriageway there is NSL, 70mph. Gravel Lane is (now) a dead-end close - 30 limit I think (and too short to get to 60!). Is the 60 designation thus an error?

Will keep my eyes peeled for a van there, and let you know if I see one!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, certainly sounds like an error. That's why the "pMobiles" are a separate set of files, they haven't been verified or confirmed.

You can send in corrections for them in the same way as any camera using the submission form on THIS PAGE (can't remember the exact rules, but that MAY get you free subscription, once verified).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: