Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Home App Available. ver 2.2.1.58
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Home App Available. ver 2.2.1.58
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kichu1979
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:
Why do you say it is broken??
I updated mine earlier in the week and everything works perfectly.

It may be working fine for you but something somehow must be wrong with this 2.2.1.58 version... otherwise it should not be removed from the official site. I can see no other reason for TomTom to revert quietly to older edition.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:
kichu1979 wrote:
Same for me my friend. I recently reinstaller Home by downloading latest from TomTom homepage and indeed I have 2.2.0.33 Smile

The only idea why they did that were to reverting to a working version after releasing a broken one.

Had similar experience with Garmin, they released broken firmware for one of their unit, after a day or two it was gone from thei webpage as if it never existed.

Nobody I know is being offered poi updates with the .58 software, including me. A few posts up, Andy_P2002 inferred he had some insight into this issue but, unfortunately, has not reported back. Sad
Philgo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a bug in 58 that only affects some people, probably be a new version along soon.
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
forky wrote:
kichu1979 wrote:
Same for me my friend. I recently reinstaller Home by downloading latest from TomTom homepage and indeed I have 2.2.0.33 Smile

The only idea why they did that were to reverting to a working version after releasing a broken one.

Had similar experience with Garmin, they released broken firmware for one of their unit, after a day or two it was gone from thei webpage as if it never existed.

Nobody I know is being offered poi updates with the .58 software, including me. A few posts up, Andy_P2002 inferred he had some insight into this issue but, unfortunately, has not reported back. Sad

Forgive me if you have already tried this:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=poi+updates&FID=7277

I did and am being offered poi updates.

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forky wrote:

Forgive me if you have already tried this:
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=poi+updates&FID=7277

I did and am being offered poi updates.

Well, the link you attached does unfortunately not present a solution to the problem. I was half expecting to see some workaround to the problem, but it's only describing the general method for selecting POIs to subscribe to, which I'm sure all of us have already followed.

One interesting piece of information, however, is that the POI update doesn't work with previous HOME versions either. I have tried both V2.2.0.33 and V2.1.2.21 and it just doesn't work anymore. This leads me to the conclusion that the problem resides on the TomTom side rather than on the HOME application in my PC. But in that case, it doesn't make sense that some users apparently manage to receive POI updates...

forky, can you confirm that you have the same number of CAxxxx.ov2 files in your map folder as POI categories selected in TomTom HOME?
I don't have any of these files since the downloading of POI updates doesn't work.
scafftag
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:40 pm wrote:
I have a little story to tell about this one...
You'll have to wait till I get Home though...

Crikey Andy where do you live????? Shocked Laughing Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, real life (friend's kitten apparently stuck in cavity wall!) got in the way.
I haven't forgotten though (although if forky thinks its a useful "insight" I'm afraid he'll be disappointed! Laughing )
LesP2008
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Sorry, real life (friend's kitten apparently stuck in cavity wall!) got in the way.

wasn't useing tomtom was it?
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lengthy discussion with a TomTom support lady in Holland this afternoon about the lack of POI updates recently. She said there was no way for me to know if I had received POI updates since these are included with other MapShare updates and not downloaded as separate files. My argument that TomTom HOME V2.1.2.21 used to display a text during the updating with a specific indication of POI updates didn't bite. Further, I tried to explain nicely to her that the checkboxes in the MapShare menu of the device can be used for comparing the map data with and without applied MapShare updates to verify if an update has come through or not, but she claimed (politely though) that I hade misunderstood the feature of the device.

So, apparently I must have dreamt that I received POI updates earlier and that I used to get new or updated CAxxxx.ov2 files in my map folder each time I connected to HOME. It's even more strange that I, after this dream, happen to have backups of CAxxxx.ov2 and PAxxxx.ov2 files from the v710 map which, when I copy them into a clean v710 map folder, make the previously invisible POIs reappear. That's pure magic!

/Ulf

PS: Could someone please name the location of a restaurant that you added to the v710 WE map before the 20th of January that you have later downloaded via the POI subscription feature of MapShare. I will then check if I see that POI in my old CAxxxx.ov2 updates. You can, at the same time, check if you spot a restaurant at N56.35368 E14.57831
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they HAVE changed the way it's done?

It would make sense, as the CAxxxx method could use up a large chunk of the available POI categories on some machines.

If they've started again, then all the corrections we've already made would not show up, so would have to be submitted again (we've seen that before with the actual mapping updates).

All we need is for someone from TomTom to TELL us, so we can stop bugging them, but in the discussions I've been in recently, they were so unknowledgeable that they denied they provided ANY POI updates via Map Share or 'Home' except Safety Cameras! Rolling Eyes (I'll post the full story tonight, I promise!)
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just downloaded v2.2.2.83 and can confirm that it's offering NO mapshare updates of any kind at present (last updated middle of last week).
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell me that to stir it into action, we've got to delete all our existing corrections again!

I've only just finished getting all mine back as they were (for the forth time).
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Don't tell me that to stir it into action, we've got to delete all our existing corrections again!

I've only just finished getting all mine back as they were (for the forth time).

NA users are reporting getting mapshare updates with the pc based new software version today. Of course, the poi update mystery continues Embarassed
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

...but in the discussions I've been in recently, they were so unknowledgeable that they denied they provided ANY POI updates via Map Share or 'Home' except Safety Cameras! Rolling Eyes

This may very well be the truth. But, in that case, why don't they remove the second tab of the MapShare preferences in TomTom HOME where you select POI categories to subscribe to? Question The menu option on the device could also be removed since it would not be needed anymore.

GerryC wrote:
I've just downloaded v2.2.2.83 and can confirm that it's offering NO mapshare updates of any kind at present (last updated middle of last week).

I've just downloaded fresh MapShare updates from HOME v2.2.2.83 so that seems to be working. But I have experienced problems too with the updates. Yesterday there were no updates at all, but today I received 1679 corrections to the v715 WE map.

Could someone please check if they have a restaurant at N56.35368 E14.57831 with subscribed POI enabled on the device? That restaurant was downloaded via the POI subscription feature to the v710 WE map before the 20th of January, but I haven't been able to download it to a clean map after that date. The only way for me to get those POI updates back was to copy old backups of CAxxxx.ov2 files into the map folder. They are actually compatible with the v715 map too. I take this as a proof of my theory that TomTom have simply stopped providing this service.
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
kichu1979
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uffe73 wrote:
Could someone please check if they have a restaurant at N56.35368 E14.57831 with subscribed POI enabled on the device? That restaurant was downloaded via the POI subscription feature to the v710 WE map before the 20th of January, but I haven't been able to download it to a clean map after that date.

No restaurant here, so your theory seems to be very true.

my map is WCE 7.15 with 20791 MAPSHARES on go 920

As for mapshare, could you please check the region displayed
below on your screen (grid data on the jpg). for better clarity
turn off street names. all blocked and one way streets are my job.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: