Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Importing POI to MyGuide 3100 using iGoPOIexplorer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing POI to MyGuide 3100 using iGoPOIexplorer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirJuicer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Importing POI to MyGuide 3100 using iGoPOIexplorer Reply with quote

As usual, I have already searched but couldn't find a thread to help with this problem.

I have a MyGuide 3100 and want to add some of the POIs downloadable from this site. I am currently attempting to do this using iGO POI explorer software, which connects to my unit fine and imports the current POI's on there.

The problem is that whichever type (.ov2 or .csv) of POI I attempt to install, the software simply states "exporting iGo database" for a long length of time (I've left it over an hour) and when I click on the window I get the usual "not responding" message.

I am attempting to install all as one category, so I have an ATM.scv / ATM.ov2 file containing the all the ATM locations for example. I have tried to install one sub-category at a time (e.g. just Barclays ATM), and this works, however this would take a huge amount of time to install every single sub-category I wish to be on my unit, plus it would make navigating the menu extremely difficult.

For completeness of information, I have hard and soft reset my unit, and I have tried re-installing the POI explorer software, all of which didn't work.

Has anybody either been successful in doing what I am explaining or not so? And can anybody offer advice as to what I may be doing wrong?

Many thanks,

- Craig.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what you say, it sounds like the POI files themselves have a problem, rather than what you are doing (since you can install the Barclays one OK).

There is a known issue with the combining of too many files on the download page, although I thought it was only a problem with the ov2 format, not the csv.

The way round it is to download with fewer categories combined and then use a program such as POI Edit to merge them together ("open" the first, then "append" the others and resave)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: