Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with TTH 2.2.0.33 and Original TT One
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with TTH 2.2.0.33 and Original TT One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneTomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Problems with TTH 2.2.0.33 and Original TT One Reply with quote

Just connected my TT One to my computer for the first time in for about a year. When I did the old version of TTH I had installed updated to the new version. At the same time it also tried to update the TT One, anyway to cut a long story short it messed up and froze my TT One. When switching on my TT One had a big red X appear through the SD card symbol and it would not do a thing. I had to wipe the SD card completely and install a backup anyway the TT One is now up and running again Phew! However it’s running on version 5.410 was on 6. something before the crash. Plugged it into my PC (XP Home) was recognised and TT Home 2 started up in a flash. Clicked on the update button and got a screen asking me to connect my device it is connected and I cant proceed any further past this point. Does anybody have any ideas how I can get it to update.

Thanks

Onetomtom
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you logged in (the email address you are registered with TomTom - are you registered with TomTom?)??

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
OneTomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes TTH 2 is logged in. It is as if TTH 2 is not compatible with this version of the application software. The PC is having no problems recognising the TT it appears as a removable drive and I can get access, it's even triggering TTH 2 to start up when plugged in. It's TTH 2 that does not know it's there I can't do a thing through it update, browse or backup, it just keeps asking me to connect my TT and press the connect to computer button which should appear on the TT screen. I've left it connected for ages but nothing TTH 2 will not work.
Philgo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could your Firewall be blocking TTH.

If not, you could try an older version of TTH and see if you update with that.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reset button on TT? Press and hold for 10-15 seconds or more? I'm struggling for suggestions now.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
OneTomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I could get an older version of Home from. The Tomtom site only has Home 2.2 that I can see.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneTomtom wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get an older version of Home from. The Tomtom site only has Home 2.2 that I can see.
Which one would you like?

1.5 is on my Web Site. I might be able to make room for 2.1 if you want that one.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneTomtom wrote:

What about the disc in the box that you get with the unit when new. What version is on that. Smile
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As his Device is a year old, I would think it is pre-V2. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
OneTomtom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

Thanks downloaded home 1.5 and 6.560 all is looking good 6.650 installed and working and backed up successfully up on home.

Ashley
laesq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with a TT Go 300 which had never been updated and TT Home 2.2. The TT Go 300 was running software version 5.2 something. TT Home 2.2 would NOT detect the TT Go 300.

After A LOT of hairy pulling out, I decided to try and download an earlier version of TT Home, thinking the TT Go software wasn't (for some reason) compatible with TT Home 2.2.

If you go to the following address, you can download TT Home 2.2 OR 1.5.

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

I downloaded 1.5 (it's the version that states it's for TT Rider or Navigator 6). Uninstalled TT Home 2.2. Installed TT Home 1.5, ran it and logged TT Home into my account. It detected my TT Go 300!!! It checked for updates, and downloaded TT Home 2.1. I let it do this and it then uninstalled TT Home 1.5, installed TT Home 2.1. It ran TT Home 2.1, was able to detect my TT Go 300 and had a few updates available, including an application update.

I let it update everything and all is fine. I have not updated TT Home to 2.2 since as everything else is up to date and working fine.

Also, there were a number of updates to do to the TT Go 300, I assume they where update from v5 to v6 and then v6 to v7.

Hope this helps,
LaesQ
kestrel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like OneTomTom it is some time since I updated my One original and still had Home v1.2 installed on my PC. Home suggested that I might want to download a newer version which I did. That is when the problem arose as like OneTomTom my PC would no longer recognise the device. I emailed TomTom support who suggested that I used the reset button. No joy as the problem still remained. I scratched my head for a few days before uninstalling Home v2 for an older version. Bingo, the device was instantly recognised.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: