Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - S90i an expensive mistake?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

S90i an expensive mistake?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexpj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Service Pack 2 Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Don't know about Service Pack 2 but SmartST 2008 2nd Edition with Navman Connect and 2007.10 mapping (current 2007.4) is due as an option in April / May for existing customers, and all looks for release on time, when they launch the new S 30 3D and S 50 3D

So that may be the answer to any unhappy customers with SP1

Thanks. I had begun to think it was sommat to do with the POI's I loaded or my LG phone. Here's hoping it'll get better.

I love the journey logging, is there anyway to stop it asking you whether you want to store the journey or not and just store it anyway?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Journey Log Reply with quote

Yes, I use the journey log a lot too, saving all my company mileage for excluding my personal, so it works well for me with the request - but I can see how it could become painful for anyone who wants to save everything.

Nothing I know off, perhaps email Navman support now and they can include it in SmartSt 2008 2nd Edition, or perhaps another more clever poster can submit a hack?
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller,

if this option fixes the rebooting problem I would certainly insist it must be a free of charge option/upgrade.

Eagerly awaiting the return of my (fixed) S90i.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Upgrade Reply with quote

Don't think it will be foc for the mapping, but it appears the Navman Connect will be, and with it the latest software release

Your problem with the unit seems to be just that, mind you - a unit issue, not something systematically wrong with the S90i or its software
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrade Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
Your problem with the unit seems to be just that, mind you - a unit issue, not something systematically wrong with the S90i or its software

I would agree if not for the fact that a few others have the same problem. I await the unit back and a report from Navman.

Regards

J
jassythedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Returned unit after repair Reply with quote

What a wonderful service, Navman returned my unit after only 5 days, that's the good news.

The bad news is all that they did was reload the software, even though I told them I did this already, not only that but they installed the pre SP1 version.

Thanks for absolutely all Navman.

Now I have to reload all my POI's, favourites, SP1, voice files and hope for the best. Not holding my breath......... Crying or Very sad
polygon99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the S90i which I bought last week. How do I know whether it has SP1 installed?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Check build Reply with quote

Check the software build on the unit...

Menu Preferences About

Build shoud be 5.10.0026 2008-02-01T13:51:56

If you progress further on from this it should say "Europe TeleAtlas Maps (C) 2007 Tele Atlas, Rel. 04 2007" - originally it wasn't reading correctly as statd "Rel. 01 2007"

Free Service Pack downloadable from the Navman website
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Navman Mio Connect Reply with quote

A video of the Navman Mio Connect service (SmartSt 2008) in action, french and english

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4njlw_la-recherche-dadresses-sur-les-mio_tech
polygon99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks xtraseller. It looks like I haven't got SP1 installed. Next question - is it a good idea to install it? Will I keep all my POIs? (I'm currently downloading from the website - takes forever even though I have a high speed broadband connection).
Martin4Jay
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

polygon99 don't forget to do a backup
Cheers Very Happy
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: SP1 Reply with quote

Dont think you will really notice much difference, and like all Service Packs (Vista anyone?!!) they can cause their own problems, but in the end it is usually wise to keep all your systems as current as possible

Guess the biggest change will come with SmartSt 2008 2nd Edition, due sometime in May
polygon99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all. I have installed SP1 with no problems. The 12.000 POI limit seems a bit of a pain though for what is supposed to be a high end system.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: POIs Reply with quote

Yes the 12,000 limit remains in SP1 - while it isn't a major issue for me, it would appear this cannot be a difficut to resolve issue for Navman?

With the option to add mapping from all over the world to these units, and the Speed Camera data options typically provided by their owner, Mio, on their units, this must be something they are looking at if they are to make a go of Mio-Navman brand?

Maybe SmartSt 2008 2nd Edition (due May / June) with its focus on POIs via Navman Connect (live POIs via bluetooth via your mobile or NavDesk) will bring good news?
snowwolf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: shutting down Reply with quote

well my S90 shuts down even more now after the update, or perhaps because I have added more poi's it shuts down about 40 min intervals

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: