Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Migrating TT6 Navigator from O2 Orbit to O2 Orbit2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Migrating TT6 Navigator from O2 Orbit to O2 Orbit2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XenonRob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Migrating TT6 Navigator from O2 Orbit to O2 Orbit2 Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got an O2 XDA Orbit running a DVD purchased copy of Navigator 6 and US maps that I downloaded. The Orbit and Navigator were bought in January 2007.

I use TT Home on my PC and have everything backed up on that.

I've just bought an Orbit2 and want to move everything from the Orbit to the Orbit2.

I've also bought another PC - so am happy to install another TT Home on that and close down the old TT Home once i've got everything onto the new machine and Orbit2.

Can anyone offer me advice/opinions on how to do this migration in as painless a way as possible please.

Confused

Thanks in anticipation.

Robert
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the card out of the Orbit and put it into the Orbit 2, this should install the application, then you need to go to www.ttcode.com to activate the software on your new toy, for this you will need the Product Code card supplied with your DVD, as an aside you could always try using the Co-Pilot Live 7 that your device was shipped with?? - Mike
XenonRob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike,

One of the reasons for getting the Ornit2 was the increased memory capability which allows me to go over the 2Gb limit of the Orbit. Can I simply copy the entire 2Gb card onto my new 8Gb card - or are there any hidden files that I'll need to worry about?

In anticipation.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can copy the card contents, their shouldn't be any hidden files but enable 'show hidden files' to be sure before copying.

As Mike has suggested though, give CoPilot 7 a whirl, it's very good and easily as good as TomTom 6, better in many respects IMHO.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 2GB limit on the Orbit ? - all you need to do is upgrade the device by flashing a new ROM to it that contains WM6 as the OS, this is even available from O2 for free, once installed you can use 4,6 or 8 GB SDHC type cards without a problem, for copying the card have a read of This - whilst it looks like it is for a TomTom Rider, the same information applies - Mike
XenonRob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hindsight!

Too late now ......

Crying or Very sad

I've noticed that my exiting Orbit's card (2Gb with TT6) and the new one (8Gb with CP7) have directories called 2577? Wont this cause a problem if I try and have both on one card?

I do wish I'd found this site some weeks ago!

Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2577 folder contains an Autorun and CAB installer file which are used to put software on to the device once the card is inserted/ switched on etc.
I would rename the CP7 2577 folder to something like "CP7 Installer" then copy the files/ folders across, it might be worth double checking no other folder name conflicts exist though as folders such as voices, map etc can be used on various platforms. The Orbit 2 is a far more capable device than the original Orbit, faster CPU, loads more memory and you get the "Touch Screen" interface - a well worthwhile upgrade (I am happy with mine) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: