Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - X950 - X950T Convertable?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

X950 - X950T Convertable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: X950 - X950T Convertable? Reply with quote

Hello all - first post on site!!

I have tried to search out the difference between these two models, and as far as I have seen it is just the TMC antenna. SO, if this is correct, could the X-950 be converted to a X950T by just adding a TMC antenna, or is there some other alteration that needs to be done as well? Is this something that is possible, or if you want traffic information do you have to buy a "T" model to start with?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: X950 - X950T Convertable? Reply with quote

RebelDJ wrote:
Hello all - first post on site!!

I have tried to search out the difference between these two models, and as far as I have seen it is just the TMC antenna. SO, if this is correct, could the X-950 be converted to a X950T by just adding a TMC antenna, or is there some other alteration that needs to be done as well? Is this something that is possible, or if you want traffic information do you have to buy a "T" model to start with?

Does the X-950 have a traffic module aerial socket? That might be the answer Wink
RebelDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: X950 - X950T Convertable? Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

Does the X-950 have a traffic module aerial socket? That might be the answer Wink

That does seem obvious, doesn't it? But the reason I asked is that thequickstart manual says "connect your external TMC antenna to the input jack (headphones socket located along the top ...". So, does the headphones socket count as the "traffic module aerial socket"? And do you need to do anything else?
Thanks for your help,
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm! Not so simple as I thought. I wonder if someone out there has a X-950T and could compare. Mine is a different model so I cannot help. Wink
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: X950 - X950T Convertable? Reply with quote

RebelDJ wrote:
Gee-Pee wrote:

That does seem obvious, doesn't it? But the reason I asked is that thequickstart manual says "connect your external TMC antenna to the input jack (headphones socket located along the top ...". So, does the headphones socket count as the "traffic module aerial socket"? And do you need to do anything else?
Thanks for your help,

Sounds a little too good to be true if you ask me. I would imagine if the T model is a lot more expensive then it would contain an FM tuner, the other model may not contain the tuner in order to pick up the signals or everyone would buy the cheaper model and hook up a cheap aerial to get TMC
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: X950 - X950T Convertable? Reply with quote

RebelDJ wrote:
But the reason I asked is that thequickstart manual says "connect your external TMC antenna to the input jack (headphones socket located along the top ...". So, does the headphones socket count as the "traffic module aerial socket"? And do you need to do anything else?

I am inclined to be a bit cynical like jonandmarkuk.

But to answer your question above, in the X980T which I have, the detailed V7 user manual off the VM site (covers all 3 models and always worth downloading) shows that you use the Main Menu/SET/Setting Adjustment/'Activate headset\TMC' option to toggle between headphones and TMC - but if johnandmarkuk is right, I assume you may find you don't get this option offered for your model either. If you seem to have the various TMC options available, the only way to prove one way or the other would I suppose be to connect some sort of aerial lead (with an appropriate connector of course) and see. But I suggest you don't hold your breath!
ivecoviv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: 950 T Reply with quote

I have a 950 T and have purchaced a cable from VM it does give wareings of hold ups when selected,The cable plugs into the socket next to the on off s/w.on the settings menu you have a Trafic info icon,if you don't have this then you won't get trafic info.On the back is a lable showing X950T on the 950T and it shows 950 on the 950.The 950 has a socket in the sane position as the 950T.Hoe this helps.
IvecoViv

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: