Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Favorites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Favorites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillyJim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: TomTom Favorites Reply with quote

This may be a very Dumb Question , so i'll make it very brief, I have a tom tom one which was my first gps, I just recieved a new tom tom 720, I'd like to knoe how to download my favorites from my tom tom one to my tom tom 720, also since i already have tomtom software on my computer, do i need to use the software that came with the new 720, is there a difference , i'm not very computer literate so please be gentle .This is the first time i've ever posted anything ,So i hope someone can answer this question , i haven't even opened the the box of the 720 because i'm afraid i'll scew something up ....Laughing Out Loud any help would be greatly appreciated
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favourites: Because the two Devices are slightly different, you can't transfer the settings Files from one to the other. The 720 has TTS, which the ONE hasn't.

What you can do is Change the Favourites into a POI File (category). The downside is that you have to do it manually. The upside is that you won't have to do it again. Smile

To save me writing it all again you will find the instructions Here in Andy's Post.

The software on your PC I assumes refers to HOME. If it is HOME2 then it will handle both Devices, BUT PLEASE make sure that you have a different email address for the new Device, when you use it with HOME.

The very first thing to do when you take the 720 out of the box is do an Full Explorer Backup. In fact before you take it out of the box read, and familiarise yourself with, the Links that are on the FAQs Page.

.... and it's not a dumb question. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: