Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another annoying bong.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another annoying bong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tradman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

I have a new Bong! and a new ov2 & bmp file, pocketGPScameras.ov2 & pocketGPScameras.bmp with no .ogg file to go with them, ( note the caps GPS ).Date these were created 30-11-07. it appears to be a new mobile site. I am using a Go version 7.161 updated recently. Question is there an .ogg file to go with this new file? Sad
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

Tradman wrote:
I have a new Bong! and a new ov2 & bmp file, pocketGPScameras.ov2 & pocketGPScameras.bmp with no .ogg file to go with them, ( note the caps GPS ).Date these were created 30-11-07. it appears to be a new mobile site. I am using a Go version 7.161 updated recently. Question is there an .ogg file to go with this new file? Sad

Any time you update the camera database the names of the cameras dont change so that if you download the latest database it is just a matter of copying them into the map folder and select overwrite and you will not have to set up your warnongs everytime you do it. But if you want the .OGG files to go with the PGPS speed cams have a look here
and select the ones you would like. If you are not sure how to download or install them just ask and someone will be here to help. Very Happy

I should also say that there has been an update since your speed cam database (30-11-07). There is now a Jan 08 one so look at the home page about halfway down for download and install i nstructions.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Tradman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

Thank you Ian for your quick reply, my point is what is this new file that came with the November update? called pocketGPScameras.ov2, do I need it? I have the latest update it still is the same. Jim.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

Tradman wrote:

I think that this file contains all of the cameras. Did you select the "Single file with all cameras" option when you downloaded on 30/11/07 but selected "Speed Zoned Complete" on other downloads?

If so you can delete the pocketGPScameras.ov2 & pocketGPScameras.bmp files and re download the "Speed Zoned Complete" files to get the latest (January 08) updates.
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

Tradman wrote:
Thank you Ian for your quick reply, my point is what is this new file that came with the November update? called pocketGPScameras.ov2, do I need it? I have the latest update it still is the same. Jim.

Sorry Tradman Embarassed, I undersatnd what you mean now. I will also add that you will only install the .ogg files once and you will get the .ov2 and .bmp files in every update from PGPS.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Another annoying bong. Reply with quote

Tradman wrote:
... pocketGPScameras.ov2 & pocketGPScameras.bmp with no .ogg file to go with them, ...
That is a POI File that is created by POICapture.

The only way you would have that on the Device is if at some time POICapture was installed.

There is no OGG File associated with it. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Tradman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your help, I will delete this odd file, may be I loaded the Speed zone complete by mistake.
Jim.
Tradman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy has the answere, I have POI capture installed and I have opened it when playing,and not realised I was entering a location.( I fiddle with the TT when She is driving) I will delete and try again.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: