Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 520Car & Speaker Preferences and Eratic Traffic Connecti
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

520Car & Speaker Preferences and Eratic Traffic Connecti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: 520Car & Speaker Preferences and Eratic Traffic Connecti Reply with quote

After a few years of satisfaction with TTN5, I've finally migrated to the 520 and in general I'm very impressed with it and the add ons/refinements - including hands free, juke box etc. However three things are puzzling me, and I'd really appreciate the input of you experts out there:

First, I can't work out why Car Preferences (Change Preferences 6 of 8) is greyed out, and what its purpose is. I've done a search and can't find the answer on the forums here. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction?

Secondly, I have selected speaker options to operate via FM transmitter. Everything except the phone is relayed through the speakers. Is it normal for the phone to still come through the unit when everything else is relayed elsewhere?

Thirdly, it's often hit and miss when trying to connect up to Traffic. Quite a few times, connection fails and I have to flick through Edit TomTOm PLUS Account (Change Preferences 7 of 8) and get a confirmation message before I can link up with Traffic. Is this a general glitch or one perculiar to my unit?

Many thanks in anticipation.
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned (in relation to third query) that I'm operating a fully compatible Sony Ericsson W810i
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ Greyed out is normal as this selection is not available for use yet, perhaps a future upgrade will turn it on.
2/ It is not possible to route the phone handsfree through anything other than the onboard speaker (real shame this IMHO)
3/ Have you been experiancing these problems over the Christmas period, as TomTom have had some server related problems, see if it settles down later this week - Mike
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for this Mike. Very reassuring to know that all three are the norm (yes, it's been over the Christmas period that I've been having trouble connecting to Traffic, so I'll see how it goes in the next week or so).

I agree it's a shame the phone can't be routed elsewhere. It's not always easy making the necessary aural adjustment to the 'thin' sound of an incoming call through the unit when you've just been immersed in the rich tones of music/instructions routed through the car speakers.

Anyway, as I said, I'm very impressed with the 520; and for me it's a big move on from several years of TTN5 on a Mio 168 (though i can't let it go - I'm emotionally attached!).

I look forward to seeing what they do with Car Preferences

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: