Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map guarantee and an Apple Mac
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map guarantee and an Apple Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Map guarantee and an Apple Mac Reply with quote

I have been following the Latest Map Guarantee thread, but as a Mac user I do not appear to have a function on the Mac version of Home to check. Downloaded a Windows version of Home onto my Mac via my intel Mac and as I have just bought my new TT720 it says yes there is a new version for me. Great!

Now I have had a go at doing this from my Windows partition on the Mac with no great success and in any case I really prefer doing my business within the world of Mac, so........ is it possible at all, can I badger TT to uphold my guarantee in a different way to get the newer map or are us Mac users not really catered for. Thanks in advance, Andy P
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Map guarantee and an Apple Mac Reply with quote

inthe128 wrote:
Thanks in advance, Andy P

Sorry, can't help you there... Not a Mac user (except at work, and I HATE it! Laughing )
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh but if its an intel Mac, then run it in Windows for your work wows Smile

The Mac version of Home seems quite nice, but misleading as if checks for updates and comes back with all okay and if not for a site such as this it might be very hard to glean what version of anything we should be looking at. I have via Mac Home upgraded maps with no problem, but it seems that they have not bothered with the Latest Map Guarantee part. I am guess this is a none goer, so fired off an email to TT and see if anything comes of that. I will fire up the Windows part of my Mac again and see if I can pull it down, but it looked as if it takes 4 hours or so and to download thats a long time to be in Windows mode for me, it is after all the season of joy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: