Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to give warning of cameras when no route is planned
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to give warning of cameras when no route is planned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t_o_m1111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: How to give warning of cameras when no route is planned Reply with quote

Hi, if i do not select a route, my TT 520 does not give any audible warning of the camera along the road i am travelling.

If i tick the box under preferences so that cameras are shown not on my route, i get a warning every 5 seconds, of cameras along side roads and other roads im not anywhere near.

Is there a way i can use my tomtom without putting a route in, so if im travelling along a road, it will notify of the camera im approaching. Not the camera that is on a parallel road?

Thanks

Tom
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a word, No. I never had 'warn when on route' selected and live with the occasional false alarms from side roads etc. Otherwise as you have found, you have to have a route programmed to receive warnings.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting a lot of warnings of cameras that are a long way away, you may have the warning distance set longer than necessary. The common rule of thumb is to allow 100yds for every 10mph eg 300yds for 30mph cameras. You would want to double the distance for mobiles. Also, you can choose not to be alerted to the pending mobiles if you wish.

Personally, I just live with the odd warning that's not on route.
Brodit ProClip mount
t_o_m1111
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yeah i do have the warning range set a little high, i think i will reduce it and do some tests. I am a little overkill on mobile sites however as my dad recently got done on a motorway bridge on the motorway near stirling at over 800 meters!! - The police these days are damn good snipers
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t_o_m1111 wrote:
Thanks, yeah i do have the warning range set a little high, i think i will reduce it and do some tests. I am a little overkill on mobile sites however as my dad recently got done on a motorway bridge on the motorway near stirling at over 800 meters!! - The police these days are damn good snipers

You should have a look at the below link, near the bottom is a table conversion from seconds into yards.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-tomtom-go-910.php
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: