Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory Map and Road Angel 7000 Adventurer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory Map and Road Angel 7000 Adventurer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoafingWafu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the RA 7000 do you have to use the memory map client software to upload maps? I already have memory map v5 and a bunch of maps and I'd like to just use that, but it says it doesn't recognise my mobile device when I click install to mobile.
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you upload maps using Mobile Device / Send Map or by simply copying the .mmi .qct and .qed files directly to the RA7000's SD Card.

You must however use the Road Angel client to install the Memory Map software onto the RA7000. The RA7000 uses a custom Win CE version of Memory Map not the standard Memory Map Pocket Navigator.

Cheers

Neil
Oscar_Victor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the core files only from the 30 day trial here:

http://www.roadangelgroup.com/support/navigator7000/adventurer7000.html

I have memory map already, so I didn't need any of the trial maps. Will the memory map capability of my RA Navigator 7000 be disabled after 30 days? (duration of the trial). If so, is it possible to get (permanent)core files from anywhere else?
rothers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it won't time out, those core files are permanent, why RA call it a trial I don't know.

Cheers
Neil
lskb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Fugawi on RA 7000 Adventurer? Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone know whether it is possible to get the Fugawi pocket pc product to work on a Road Angel 7000 Adventurer? (I would need to run Fugawi to use my Swiss Maps - which don't work with Memory Map). I note from a post in a different forum on the site that someone has got Fugawi to work on a Win CE Net device, and from one of Brian's posts that a number of applications have been successfully installed on the RA. However, does anyone have any idea of how to get Fugawi to work?
Kind regards
Chris
pedro848
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a RA7000, and I have had no success in getting MM installed.

I run the MM installer and it tries to install Activesync 4.2. Once activesync completes - nothing. I think this is because it cannot communicate with the RA because of some sort of conflict.

The installer won't work if activesync is already installed. instead of behaving like a grown up and just getting on with installing MM, it promptly starts to uninstall the existing version.

Does anybody have a work around to get the executables installed on the RA without using activesync

pete
wyattnorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian

Really enjoyed this thread, you have answered a lot of questions.

Having received the email from MM about the new Adventurer 2800, do you have any observations on how it might compare to what is available now?

Not having purchased any similar device, due to the cost, it seems the prices are coming down to being affordable. Paper OS maps at £8 a time soon adds up. Every time we visit a new part of the country we have to buy a map and sods law says that we will be on the edge of the map, and really need the next map too.

Norman

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: