Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tripmaster on ONE V3?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tripmaster on ONE V3?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Tripmaster on ONE V3? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried installing Tripmaster (http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk) on a ONE V3? The instructions for installing it include a method to add a Tripmaster button to the menu. But there's no room on the current menu.

I've added the menu file that Mike Alder recommends for bringing back the Itinerary function (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=59534&start=0), and that works fine.

My question is: can I add a third page to the menu or can I substitute the Tripmaster button for the Traffic button (since I don't plan to use the traffic function) by making changes to the tomtom.mnu file?

Thanks.

Jon
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can add as many pages to the menu as you like, I have had a four page routine running on a Thiord Edition with no problems, although I have never tried Trip Master on this hardware - Mike
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added a third page to the menu and then added Tripmaster, Suntime, and Reverseitn on the ONE V3. All worked exactly as advertised.

Jon
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing about with trip master and done all the adjustments to get it to work on my 710. When i go into settings i see what the defaults are, but if i try to alter them i.e the time zone, which is set at +1 when i press to alter it the screen goes 'garbaged' as they say. With this function not working and i cannot put my own settings in then i dont think i would use it but if it could be fixed then maybe.

Does anybody know of any other sites with programs that can be put on to TT like Tripmaster but can do different things also.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
When i go into settings i see what the defaults are, but if i try to alter them i.e the time zone, which is set at +1 when i press to alter it the screen goes 'garbaged' as they say.
Did you try this?
Quote:
To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

* install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Tripmaster, the screen is OK

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Did you try this?
Quote:
To run Tripmaster correctly on Rider 2 (with v6), One XL, GOx10 or GOx20 (with v7), perform the following actions :

* install Tripmaster on your Tomtom
* run it once, the screen is garbaged
* stop it by clicking in the upper right corner of the screen
* connect your Tomtom to your PC and edit the file /tripmaster/config.txt with Wordpad
* in this file, change the line screenadaptation none in screenadaptation rider2
* save your mods and re-start your Tomtom
* run Tripmaster, the screen is OK

That makes the screen visible but doesn't make the keyboard work. See the next line:

Quote:
NB: this fix works only for the screens generated by Tripmaster. The virtual keyboard display, invoked in some Tripmaster setups, remains garbaged. This can't be fixed.

You have to make changes like this in the config.txt file when the V3 is connected to your computer.

Jon
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If get exactly the same as if1977.

I've done what the site says and it seems to run fine but as soon as you try and change any figures (e.g. speed limits) then it's back to being a garbaged screen.

Anyone know of a workaround? I'm a bit doubtful as the site says :

"These plugins work only on the following Tomtom devices, in v6 version : GOx10, GOx00, Rider, One and OneV2 !

Tripmaster v1.8, Offroad Navigator v1.7, ReverseItn v1.4 and Suntime v1.7 work in v6 version on the Rider 2, after a modification in the configuration file. In v7 version, with the same modification, they also work on One XL and GOx20. "

The seems to exclude v7 and GOx10 devices. Confused
Scotty-uk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspencer wrote:
You have to make changes like this in the config.txt file when the V3 is connected to your computer.

Jon

Doh! Just seen this. Embarassed

Cheers! Time to have a play! Very Happy
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing with Tripmaster on the V3. The track recording parameters need some careful adjustment. The default configuration (trackperiod 30 seconds, trackdistance 1 mile, trackcourse 45 degrees) is much too coarse -- the track doesn't follow curves well at all in this configuration. I tried setting trackperiod to 1 (1 trackpoint/sec) but Tripmaster, at least on the V3, couldn't keep up with this, and at best did about 1 trackpoint every 4-5 seconds. And Tripmaster was very slow to respond to commands in this configuration. A couple of times I got it so bolluxed up it froze for a full minute before it sorted itself out.

So far, the best configuration seems to be trackperiod=15 seconds, trackdistance=0.25 mile, and trackcourse=15 degrees. Next I will try lowering trackperiod to 10 seconds and trackdistance to 0.2 miles. We'll see how that works.

Jon
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
I was playing about with trip master and done all the adjustments to get it to work on my 710. When i go into settings i see what the defaults are, but if i try to alter them i.e the time zone, which is set at +1 when i press to alter it the screen goes 'garbaged' as they say. With this function not working and i cannot put my own settings in then i dont think i would use it but if it could be fixed then maybe.

Does anybody know of any other sites with programs that can be put on to TT like Tripmaster but can do different things also.

Yes,
Event_Logger

Go to gpsreview.net and do a search for TISCALI and you will find the url.
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspencer, if I'm running Tripmaster in metric, would I set the track distance at, say, 0.5?
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46jimbo wrote:
jspencer, if I'm running Tripmaster in metric, would I set the track distance at, say, 0.5?

Well, the numbers I have been using (0.25 mi and 0.2 mi) correspond, respectively, to 0.4 and 0.3 km, while 0.5 km corresponds to about .31 km. But remember that the three parameters can work together or you can use just one (or two). I tried just using distance or just using time and it didn't work well for me. I'd be interested in your results.

Jon
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infama wrote:
Yes,
Event_Logger

Go to gpsreview.net and do a search for TISCALI and you will find the url.

When i do a search for TISCALI in the gpsreview.net website it does'nt come up with any url's. Is there some other link i need to connect to first.

Merry Xmas
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if1977 wrote:
When i do a search for TISCALI in the gpsreview.net website it does'nt come up with any url's. Is there some other link i need to connect to first.

http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/

Jon
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the revised settings (trackcourse=15 degrees, trackperiod=10 seconds, and trackdistance=0.2 miles) in Tripmaster, I did our once-a-year trek out to the mother-in-laws for Christmas. The track it produced was quite good, with only a couple of places where Tripmaster seemed to take short nap and miss a couple of points, resulting in the track cutting a corner.

I have to play with it a bit more, but my impression is that Tripmaster does a better job of storing the points than it does displaying the data. For some reason the Tripmaster display seems to freeze up occasionally (for example, showing the last measurement before coming to stop, so you sit at a red light with the speed showing as 13 mph while you are stationary).

Not sure what this is about -- the TT's normal display seems to be consistently right on the mark. Maybe Tripmaster has lower priority with the processor and gets ignored when the main routines are especially active.

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: