Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS on ASUS P526 without Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS on ASUS P526 without Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: GPS on ASUS P526 without Software Reply with quote

I am a GPS-idiot and I have a new PDA phone - ASUS 526. It comes with a built in GPS without software. I downloaded the new Google Maps for Windows Mobile 6 and it works perfect... actually, amazing! The blue dot moves along the map as my vehicle moves and it simulates a realtime bird's eye view.

1] But what I want is just to get coordinates so that I can mark them in my PC Google Earth. Almost all software required map download before it works. I want a compass simulator with coordinates. Can anyone recommend a free software for me (no dollar credit card) please? I've tried the trial of Google Navigator but I just cant get the SiRF Star III GPS Chip working. It "cannot update the GPS driver" when I try to change settings COM settings - so it "has no GPS data".

2] Do I always need to get connected to the Internet to get my GPS working? Isn't there a software that locates and accesses sats without having to get into the Net? Connection time is quite expensive where I am. ASUS P526 has no Wifi.

Thank you!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at Gps Speed Sentry which can be found Here its not free but it doesn't cost much at all, also consider Fransons GPS Gate which you can get from Here you shouldn't need to be connected to the net to use the GPS, do you want to record positional data every second or just when you feel like it or take a photograph etc? - what is the need to see this data on Google Earth - Mike
mbm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike. Thank you so much for your tips. That will be enough for my requirements.

I have some property in the suburbs that I need to sell. Instead of bringing prospects there, I will easily e-mail them a Google Earth snapshot or kmz link. It will broaden my prospects!

This trial version of speed sentry will do even if the GPS disconnects every 10 mins. Perfect, actually!

Thank you again and I hope you enjoy your holidays!

Martin

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: