Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tripmaster on ONE V3?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tripmaster on ONE V3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runarg
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not only the display that freeze. All the application freeze from time to time before it continues. That will result in wrong distance in the log files, since the distance driven when Tripmaster is frozen, is not counted.
So be aware, even if Tripmaster seems to working (almost working) you can not trust the log files Sad
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runarg wrote:
It's not only the display that freeze. All the application freeze from time to time before it continues. That will result in wrong distance in the log files, since the distance driven when Tripmaster is frozen, is not counted.
So be aware, even if Tripmaster seems to working (almost working) you can not trust the log files Sad

Is this a "feature" of the TT software, or something that is characteristic of all GPSs? Does anyone know if Event Logger is more (or less) susceptible to this problem than Tripmaster?

Fortunately, most of my uses of the log files are non-critical, so occasional errors aren't a serious problem, although it could be pretty annoying.

Jon
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how I'm going to handle this. As I only occasionally use Tripmaster, I will have it on an SD card loaded up with v6 firmware. So whenever I want to use it, I'll just pop in the card and away I go. For everyday use, I'll stick with NaveCore v7 and forget about Tripmaster.
jspencer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46jimbo wrote:
Here is how I'm going to handle this. As I only occasionally use Tripmaster, I will have it on an SD card loaded up with v6 firmware. So whenever I want to use it, I'll just pop in the card and away I go. For everyday use, I'll stick with NaveCore v7 and forget about Tripmaster.

Unfortunately, the V3 doesn't have a slot for an SD card.

However, I did discover, while going through the rather extensive documentation for Event Logger, that switching from "Real" GPS data to "Snapped" GPS data significantly reduces the load on the CPU. And in fact, Tripmaster runs considerably better in "Snapped" mode.

I'm also experimenting with Event Logger. It doesn't have a data display, which may make it an even lighter load on the CPU. However, in my first couple of trials with it, I noticed dropouts similar to those I saw with Tripmaster. Oddly enough, the most significant dropout occurred in the same location. I was watching the GPS at the time and know it didn't lose the satellites, except possibly for a few seconds when going under an underpass, but the dropout was much longer than that. More experimentation is in order.

Jon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: