Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Clip-On / 2210 / Fugawi UK start-up queries
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Clip-On / 2210 / Fugawi UK start-up queries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bournea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Clip-On / 2210 / Fugawi UK start-up queries Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
I'm new to this stuff so hoping you all can help.
As you can see in the subject line I have an IPAQ 2210 with Fugawi UK and a Fortuna Clip-On.

So the Fortuna indicates all the correct lights, the IPAQ has been paired with it and they seem to communicate.

My question is when I start the Fugawi s/w going one of 2 ways what is the problem?

The first way everything works nicely but takes a few taps on the screen to do it: clip-on turned on; start bluetooth manager and double tap the Clip-On icon and a link is established. Start Fugawi UK and the GPS position is displayed on the map OK.

All very good but I was hoping that the bluetooth connection might be handled automatically when I start-up Fugawi.

The second way has the problem. With the Clip-On turned on and I start the Fugawi s/w the bluetooth manager window is displayed asking me to select which item I want to link to (I only have the Clip-On paired as I have no other BT devices). When I tap on the Clip-On icon the IPAQ seems to lock-up and nothing further happens. The only way to get it back is to do a soft reset.

So the questions are: what have I done wrong?
I have tried a hard reset and re-loaded the Fugawi and re-pairing the Clip-On?

Am I being too optimistic thinking that it should happen automatically as I don't want to have to select which BT device to use as I only have one?

By the way I have VBAR installed after seeing it mentioned on these forums and it has helped to see what is running etc in the background.

Hope you can help,
thanks
Adrian
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is a registry tweak that will allow the last connected device to be reconnected automatically.

You will need a registry editro to do this:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Autoconnect\000x
(000x is 0008 for com8 )
add an entry (DWORD)

BtBrowserEnabled=0

It will stop the BT browser from popping up, but the BT GPS will be automatically reconnected.

Read more about it here

Download a registry editor if you don't have one and add this entry. It'l make the GPS connection seemless if the BT Radio is switched on and the GPS has been paired properly.
bournea
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant TC
Thanks very much that fixes it to do exactly what I had expected it to do.
Cheers
Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: