Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Finding map product code
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding map product code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Finding map product code Reply with quote

I have just bought the Western Europe map as per their current offer, but I am having a problem installing it via TT Home. I think I have downloaded it, although I'm not at all sure when I look in the TT download folder whether I am seeing new maps, the dates on all the files are no later than last March. Anyway, when I click on install to TomTom I get asked for a product code. According to the information I have from TT I need to click on Explore and then double click on the map, to see a product code. Firstly, the map appears twice on the Home screen, but whichever I click on I don't get a product code. I get a screen which has various bits of information on including Version 6.50 which isn't the latest I think.
Why do TT make everything so blooming opaque and difficult, it really shouldn't be this hard. Can anyone tell me if there is any point phoning TT support and trying to get them to talk me through this, I've already spent hours on the problem. Or is there anyone kind enough here to give me an overview of the map updating process so I know what I'm trying to achieve. In particular should I download the map via the website linked to in my email from them, or should I be downloading it via TT Home ?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Finding map product code Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
the dates on all the files are no later than last March.
This would be the date those Files were downloaded and created on your PC, and would suggest that it is an earlier Map.

TonyD wrote:
Anyway, when I click on install to TomTom I get asked for a product code. According to the information I have from TT I need to click on Explore and then double click on the map, to see a product code. Firstly, the map appears twice on the Home screen, but whichever I click on I don't get a product code. I get a screen which has various bits of information on including Version 6.50 which isn't the latest I think.
Which version of HOME are you using? It seems from your description like HOME 1. See HERE.

TonyD wrote:
In particular should I download the map via the website linked to in my email from them, or should I be downloading it via TT Home ?
I thought that HOME was the only way to Download Maps. Confused

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Richard. Yes I am running Version 1, I didn't seem to get prompted to download a later version. I'm still a bit confused because I definitely clicked on something as a result of the email from TT which asked if I wanted to download the map and something large got downloaded.
However, now that I know that the map needs to be downloaded via Home I'll start again. I've just noticed that there is a Mac version which is my primary machine so I'll start again from scratch and it'll all probably all come out in the wash.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyD wrote:
I've just noticed that there is a Mac version which is my primary machine ....
Ah. I'm not sure that they have a HOME2 for Mac yet. I believe it is still at 1.6 so this might be the reason for the email Link.

It might be better if you did get in touch with TT Support.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
TonyD wrote:
I've just noticed that there is a Mac version which is my primary machine ....
Ah. I'm not sure that they have a HOME2 for Mac yet. I believe it is still at 1.6 so this might be the reason for the email Link.

It might be better if you did get in touch with TT Support.

I'll do it on the PC then
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TT Home v1.5... on my Mac. It downloaded the v6.75 map with no problem, but I haven't upgraded the map since.

As far as my experience went, the download went straight to the GO as it was connected to the computer at the time. If you download via Home you don't need a Product Code.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
TonyD
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now successfully done it. Running 2.1.2.121 of Home, 7.162 of the TT application, and 710.1561 of the Western Europe and Central map.

Thanks all

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: