Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Am I Entitled To TomTom Map Update Via Latest Map Gaurantee?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I Entitled To TomTom Map Update Via Latest Map Gaurantee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
computergenie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Am I Entitled To TomTom Map Update Via Latest Map Gaurantee? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I bought my TomTom One (2nd Edition) on 10th September 2007.

Does anyone know whether i would be entitled to the TomTom Map Update free of charge via "Latest Map Gaurantee" In TomTom Home?

As when i open TomTom Home and login and press the "Use Latest Map Gaurantee" it says i have the latest map version but i dont.

I know alot of people is having this problem but was wondering am i entitled to it for free because i bought in September this year.

Thank you,
Mat
SanDisk 2GB SD Card.
franb
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I Entitled To TomTom Map Update Via Latest Map Gauran Reply with quote

computergenie wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I bought my TomTom One (2nd Edition) on 10th September 2007.

Does anyone know whether i would be entitled to the TomTom Map Update free of charge via "Latest Map Gaurantee" In TomTom Home?

As when i open TomTom Home and login and press the "Use Latest Map Gaurantee" it says i have the latest map version but i dont.

I know alot of people is having this problem but was wondering am i entitled to it for free because i bought in September this year.

Thank you,
Mat

I'm pretty sure it only applies to units shipped with V7 maps (ONE 3rd Edition, 520/720 & latest XL's) unless the latest 510/710's also have this v7 map
computergenie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks,

Another thing is, i just got a reply from tomtom to ask for receipt. I got that but i am away at the moment for a while and they are asking for my product code which is on the black plastic card. I know i got that but not with me, is there anyway i can find this out without me having to go over hundred miles home to get it?

Thank you,
Mat
SanDisk 2GB SD Card.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. It's encrypted. If you could find it out without the card, it would be easy to circumvent the software protection and pirate the maps. That's the whole point of it!

Have to ask... If you bought the unit on the 10th September, how do you think the "30 Day Latest Map Guarantee" is going to apply to it?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: