Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Stiffed Me On My Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Stiffed Me On My Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrd31
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Stiffed Me On My Maps Reply with quote

Last weekend i purchased via the old version of home the latest maps for Western Europe and the us. once i downloaded them i upgraded to the new version of home and then checked what versions i downloaded, i realised that i had downloaded ver 6.75, how can that be when the latest on the websites it v7.x

I also realised i had purchased the incorrect copy of western europe and wanted western & central europe. I emailed off to tom tom who refuse a to upgrade my usa map to the new version and refund my purchase of western europe so i can by the latest of the more expensive version of western europs. They are telling me as soon as i downloaded the map i have activated it and if i want the new versions i have to pay another £70 quid.

What a rip off!!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the map shop on the tomtom website, it tells you (twice) that you need to use the latest version (v2.1) of home to download the latest map.
There appears to be a bug that affects only the Classic Go (is that what you have?) which means an old map gets downloaded if you use the wrong version of Home.

There have been a couple of posts about this already on the forum, and the people it happened to have all reported that TomTom knew about it and replaced their maps straight away.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: