Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New maps 50% off - oh no they are not !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New maps 50% off - oh no they are not !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sifi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
What planet are they on ??

As the advert says 'at a 50% discount', why not send them a screen image of their advert and ask them to say where it says 'upto'?
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Save yourself some money and Buy a £2.99 map from your local garage to use with your SatNav, you will possibly find it is more acurate than the alledged New Maps that you pay for your SatNav - its not an ideal solutution, but TomToms customer service appears to be second to everyone (Still!)

I have no intention of buying the "new" maps, even at half price, but I just don't like to see people like them ripping us off. Customer Service still haven't replied to the email I sent 3 days ago. Their arrogance is unbelievable.

HTML Tags fixed by PaulB2005
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
unwanted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazzza wrote:
I have no intention of buying the "new" maps, even at half price, but I just don't like to see people like them ripping us off. Customer Service still haven't replied to the email I sent 3 days ago. Their arrogance is unbelievable.

I was stupid enough to buy their New Maps last year, these alleged New Maps were 2 years out of date and I was told by their customer service, I should have done more research before buying their product... and it appears it is my fault, (and others) as I have not told TomTom nor TeleAtlas about changes in the UK roads... personally I dont do work companies for free and I am sure other people dont either... also the last time I looked TomTom are not a registered charity either...

This is what we got from TomTom last year: "The navigation industry is a relatively new industry and only has 15% of market penetration. Because of this the how and what concerning this industry isn’t completely clear to the larger public." So infact we're the Stupid ones not TomTom...

Last edited by unwanted on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the answer is to vote with our feet. Garmin seem to be doing a lot of advertising on tv lately. How do their products stack up against TT? They certainly have got the aviation side of satnav sewn up.
I am closely involved in aviation and I don't hear any complaints about Garmin equipment or service. As far as I am aware, Garmin don't expect the customer to do the initial testing of a new product or provide them with information on changes.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazzza wrote:
I am closely involved in aviation

Briefly off-topic, are you on the Flyer forum?
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
Infama
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazzza wrote:
I guess the answer is to vote with our feet. Garmin seem to be doing a lot of advertising on tv lately. How do their products stack up against TT? They certainly have got the aviation side of satnav sewn up.
I am closely involved in aviation and I don't hear any complaints about Garmin equipment or service. As far as I am aware, Garmin don't expect the customer to do the initial testing of a new product or provide them with information on changes.

Garmin has their issues too.
Check out their forums...
teecee90
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the following response to my question about the misleading discount offers:

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

We are aware that there is a pricing error on our website. It is currently being investigated and should be resolved within the next week. In the meantime, please do not place the order until it is corrected and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Hmmmmmmm
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggles150 wrote:
bazzza wrote:
I am closely involved in aviation

Briefly off-topic, are you on the Flyer forum?

No I'm not.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:
I got the following response to my question about the misleading discount offers:

We are aware that there is a pricing error on our website. It is currently being investigated and should be resolved within the next week. In the meantime, please do not place the order until it is corrected and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

With Best Regards

Hmmmmmmm

I wonder if they'll rebate anyone who has already coughed up Rolling Eyes
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
unwanted
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teecee90 wrote:

With Best Regards

so it takes them about a week to amend their website? Laughing
HONEST_GEEZER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, finally got my reply. They said that obviously I wasn't happy - maybe due to the fact that they annoyed me by sending the same automated message repeatedly - and that I had to put my request in writing. This is what I'll be doing tomorrow morning and will send it to them in the Netherlands. Will let you know what transpires...
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bazzza wrote:
Garmin seem to be doing a lot of advertising on tv lately. How do their products stack up against TT? They certainly have got the aviation side of satnav sewn up.

Don't forget the Marine Leisure market. I was using Garmin handhelds years before TomTomarrived. Still the only make for yachtie racing !! Thumbs Up First
plbcjn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom really need to read the book on customer care. They do make good and innovative products - but none of that is worth a light if they do not treat customers with respect when they have a problem or complaint.

Given that it is always easier to keep an existing customer than win a new one, I wonder how much business they loose (like mine for example) because of inadequate responses to problems or a patronising response to complaints. They must be mad.

When a customer complains, they are giving you a second chance to prove you value them, and if you get it right the customer relationship will be even stronger than before. Listening TomTom ?

So - anyone know of a good GPS manufacturer who does know the value of good customer care ?

plbcjn

Last edited by plbcjn on Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plbcjn wrote:
So - anyone know of a good GPS maufacturer who does know the value of good customer care ?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=60377

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

As the advert says 'at a 50% discount', why not send them a screen image of their advert and ask them to say where it says 'upto'?

Sorry, I haven't got the hang of this quote business yet.

Not to worry - i've fixed them again. Laughing - PaulB2005

Latest correspondence.
Me:
Please do me the courtesy of a reply to my email of the 3rd Dec.

Them:
May we apologise for the delay in responding to your query.
TomTom have approximately 25 maps for sale in our new map shop at an average 50% discounted price.
The actual discounted price depends on the particular map that you have decided to purchase.
Due to the difference in discounted prices we have made both the original and the discounted price clearly visible on the map shop pages so that the actual price is known in advance, before any purchase has been made.
Our website also states 'With such enriched content, get ready for tomorrow and buy a new map today with the introduction offer of UP TO 50% discount'.
We hope this answers your query.

Me:
I am not getting through to you am I? Repeating your stock answer doesn't work either. YOUR EMAIL TO ME DOES NOT SAY "UP TO". It says "New Maps 50% discount" "50% discount on your brand new map" and "Your new map, now at a 50% discount!" I have attached it for your enlightenment. Please indicate to me where it says "up to".

I guess they are just trying to wear me down.

Got an almost immediate response.

Them:
TomTom have approximately 25 maps for sale in our new map shop at an average 50% discounted price.
The actual discounted price depends on the particular map that you have decided to purchase.
Due to the difference in discounted prices we have made both the original and the discounted price clearly visible on the map shop pages so that the actual price is known in advance, before any purchase has been made.
Our website also states 'With such enriched content, get ready for tomorrow and buy a new map today with the introduction offer of UP TO 50% discount'.
We hope this answers your query.

Me:
No, it does not answer my query, and whilst you may think that by evading the question you are being very clever, your replies and the the standard of your customer care are being posted onto the Pocket GPS World website and is being read by a lot of people, some of whom may have been potential customers until they saw your evasive responses. I have reported this to the Advertising Standards Agency and I will now leave it you to give them your arrogant replies. I will never deal with TomTom again and will pass on my experiences with you to everyone I know.

OK, that's it. They win. Just imagine how good their business could be if they behaved like human beings.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi

Last edited by bazzza on Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: