Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - European maps on TTG300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

European maps on TTG300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taximark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: European maps on TTG300 Reply with quote

First of all i want it to cover all of Europe if possible because im driving to Portugal (west) and Croatia (east).

Now what size SD card should i get? what make of card should i go for? and what is the total downloadable capacity ?

Is the UK included in the Euro map or have i simply to remove the card upon arrival or exit to the UK?

How is the download done?

Many thanks Mark.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the TomTom Map shop http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/ and enter what map you want, it will tell you what size it is. Get a card bigger than that. Get one that is a known brand (Kingston, Sandisk etc). Get "fast" (x133 something like that)

Buy it. Download it.
You will need to install Home v2.1 and v7 software to use the new maps.
It will tell you all that when you download it.

Uk is included on Western Europe map.
Taximark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for sounding thick Andy but what are Home v2.1 and v7 software why do i need them, what do they do?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Home' is TomTom's PC software suite designed to manage your Go.
You didn't used to need it, but now the only way to add maps or update the unit's software etc. is to use it.
Version 2.1 is the latest and can be downloaded from TomTom using the link at the bottom of THIS PAGE

"v7" software refers to the software actually running on your Go.
The Go originally came with v5 software, later updated to several versions of v6. V7 for the Go300 was launched only a couple of days ago.

You have to have v7 running to be able to use v7 maps properly (which are the only ones available from TomTom now).

You can check what version of software you are running now, by tapping the signal strength bars on the normal navigation display. The software version number should be shown in a box on the right-hand side of the next screen (tapping that box, will take you to yet another screen with lots more information.

If you are still running v5 software, you'll notice quite a few changes!
As always, make sure you do a full Windows Explorer backup, before you make ANY changes. (Instructions for that are in the Forum topic TomTom FAQs HERE
Taximark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy it's V 5.2, if i load the new V7 will i lose all my existing speed cam alerts on it?
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated a TT Go 300 from v6 to v7. All the alerts I had previously set up changed to the same audible warning sound, but all the distances etc. remained as before. (I use the TT default sounds, not the OGG file method)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have to go through the "warn when near" set-up again to put your warnings back how they were, but it should all work as before in the end.
If you use the sound effects, note that some of the default sounds have been changed (especially Polite 1,2,3), but I have a get-round for that.
If you use the ogg files they should work as before, but again, you will probably have to go through the set-up again for every camera type, just to re-assign them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: