Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GO 700 / Mapshare Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
woodchip wrote:
Thanks Darren, I have just been back to them and they now accept that it should work but on going through the menu pages with them they say that the pages I have differ from what they should be, POI Capture and cameras seem to be causing conflict and I should uninstall them . Your thoughts ???

Uninstall POI capture and the SDK Support files. Our cameras work fine under v7 though.

Darren to clarify, I now have an sdk folder with a tom tom mnu file in it and a seperate POI Capture folder with the same sdk registry folder within and the same mnu file and also an icon file, do I delete the whole lot including the empty folders ?? Confused
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes delete both folders and their contents.
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Darren to clarify, I now have an sdk folder with a tom tom mnu file in it and a seperate POI Capture folder with the same sdk registry folder within and the same mnu file and also an icon file, do I delete the whole lot including the empty folders ??

Just had exactly the same problem on my Go500. I deleted the poi capture but that did not help. I then removed the 3 files in the sdk folter (one was tomtom.mnu) and it now works fine. The hands free is much clearer now as well.
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Yes delete both folders and their contents.

Darren, All done and it works fine, once again thanks a million for your help, if you have a sat nav this is the best site on the net !!!!
fluke9
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone successfully made the hands free work ???
I like the new version, but it is impossible to use hands free, be better to use some wet string and old bean cans.
Map WCE 845.2645
iPhone 4S 3 (Contract)
========
Dave.
cjr6891
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: TT GO910 and V7.160 Reply with quote

VERY disapointed with handsfree, Needs to be addressed by TOMTOM asap. They tell me it has now been passed to 2nd line support. Still waiting..........................

most other things on v7.160 are great, concerned that first aid guide and other guides are empty.

But apart from that things are good.
mullengers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mullengers wrote:

I also found that if I try to "Navigate to POIs near me" and have more then 24 POIs in a user POI category then it only shows the first 24 POIs nearest to me. The others are there (found with POIs near a city X) but can't be accessed. The Find button is restricted to the 24 as is the graphical POI browser. Its not just distance related as if I have just three POIs in a category that are 5000km away then all three show up.
This is a big deal as I do lots of driving and I use POIs for work destinations all over the UK in place of "Favorites". My initial v7 euphoria wore off when I noticed this... can TomTom support save-the-day and fix this issue quickly?

The TomTom helpdesk say that the listing of 24 POIs in a user-defined catagory is by design in v7. They said that the "Find..." button works, and it does seem to (I was wrong in my initial statement above). I still find the restriction a bit annoying, but "Find..." does work fine on the whole POI file not just the 24 items shown.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I said that, in my reply to your first post (on page 5)? Confused
nmeth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Volume issues Reply with quote

Since I upgraded my 910 to 7.16 the volume appears to be much lower - previously I had it set to 80%, now I have put it up to 100% and it still seems a little low. I know old age is setting in, but is this an issue other people have noticed?
Nobleone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: latest upgrade Reply with quote

Upgraded my 510 and now the audio when using the phone is all gooked. It gets stuck on a word and repeats it like being in an echo chamber. I contacted TomTom and they said I would have to send it in for costly repairs.

Anyway I put an old backup on and it works perfectly well so that I will live with till this is sorted out.
fluke9
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: latest upgrade Reply with quote

Nobleone wrote:
Upgraded my 510 and now the audio when using the phone is all gooked. It gets stuck on a word and repeats it like being in an echo chamber. I contacted TomTom and they said I would have to send it in for costly repairs.

Anyway I put an old backup on and it works perfectly well so that I will live with till this is sorted out.

Haha, Costly Repairs.

What are they talking about ?? it's their latest release tha is broken, obviously Beta Testing was not completed Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hopefully they will fix it soon.

They told me they are aware of the problem, and gave me the usual speel Rolling Eyes the guy was obviously reading from the screen factory rest the TomTom, delete all bluetooth in the phone, thyen telling me it's because my Nokia 6300 is not supported yet, so when I told him my Nokia 6230i does exactly the same he had to agree it was probably 7.16.
Map WCE 845.2645
iPhone 4S 3 (Contract)
========
Dave.
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Volume issues Reply with quote

nmeth wrote:
Since I upgraded my 910 to 7.16 the volume appears to be much lower - previously I had it set to 80%, now I have put it up to 100% and it still seems a little low. I know old age is setting in, but is this an issue other people have noticed?

Same problem on my 510. I think this is a "fix" that they have introduced in v7 to overcome problems with the speakers in 520 & 720 units. It seems that 510, 710 & 910 owners will have to put up with the lower volume even though the speakers in those models are capable of handling the higher volume offered with v6 software.
cjr6891
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: TomTom Support?????? Reply with quote

Been having problems with handsfree???? Then heres the fix (or not!!!!)

Straight from tomtom support!

"If you are still unable to use your TomTom hands-free function with new version 7.160 software, then we would advise that you restore a previous backup in order to revert to an older version for now. We are working to correct the hands-free calling issue that you have described and a new update will be released in the near future."
andycabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Canterbury Kent, choosing Version 7 the drive to help I find my nearest doctors is 200 miles away and nearest police station is 254 miles away?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andycabs wrote:
I am in Canterbury Kent, choosing Version 7 the drive to help I find my nearest doctors is 200 miles away and nearest police station is 254 miles away?
It has often been mentioned. Wink

Have a search for Doctor Dentist Police for the current situation. Smile

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: