Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 7 released for GO 910, GO 710 and GO 510 - finally!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
This is a known bug that affects all units running version 7 software, TomTom might not bother doing much about it though as using ogg files is not (I think) officially suported,
Apparently it was in V5 and 6.

Quote:
TomTom have made us aware of a new way to use custom POI warnings in both TomTom 5 & 6 versions. This will remove the need for manipulating the data.chk file, and is much more flexible.

From http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47366

If TT drop this now it's nice of them to let us know.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Go 500 Mapshare Reply with quote

Hello

Upgraded my go 500 which works fine but no sign of Mapshare. Any idea where I find it?
Thanks

G
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Map have you got installed, it needs to be v675 or newer for the Map Share to function - Mike
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Go 500 Reply with quote

I purchased it from the TomTom site on Friday as a download so it should be current.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap the sat strength meter (lower Right corner) followed by the version number, this will list the active map version number - what is it?

You might have downloaded the new map but it might not be installed or being used by the device so it is worth checking - Mike
Garnett-Devon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: GO 500 Reply with quote

Found the problem

It had retained the old menu with the POI Capture software on it.

I deleted tomtom.mnu and it created a new menu with mapshare on it.

G
pmwookie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: TT910 Firmware 7.16 and hands free Reply with quote

awdxs1 wrote:
Upgraded without a hitch but am lightly to go back to 6.52 as its made the Handsfree operatation all but useless. It works badly and intermittently for a few seconds and then locks up requiring a reset. The hack to feed phonecalls audio via the line out to your car speakers no longer works..... Shocked

and I have to upgrade my maps to use Mapshare (tm)...... note sure which of the Western & Central European map to select there are 2 recommented by TT home got the TT910 Confused

At this point I am not sure if I should put anymore money into this TT or go and find a more reliable product....... The Tomtom 910 has been a comedy of errors from the start...... it would appear to be in Tomtoms customer support you need to have a 'pencil and a pulse' Its a genuine dissapointment as It has the potential to be a great product. The replacement TT920 I fear will be worse if the TT720 is any indication.

Sorry Rant over...... just fed up with string of C*&kups, The mount, buggy firmware, TMC...... the loss of SDK at V7.xx and now V7.16 which for me is a retrograde step.

regards

Bruce

I am with you on this one - had exactly the same issues with my handsfree and the advice from TT support - re install 6.XX. I am now waiting for a reply as to what about the loss of some of the great new features of version 7 - like the fm transmitter that i have just ordered a new mount to use!!!
Its a pity because there are some nice touches to the latest version
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FM transmitter mount worked with the x10 devices running version 6,5x software, if you have rolled back to version 6 software what version is it you have installed - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mullengers wrote:

I also found that if I try to "Navigate to POIs near me" and have more then 24 POIs in a user POI category then it only shows the first 24 POIs nearest to me. The others are there (found with POIs near a city X) but can't be accessed. The Find button is restricted to the 24 as is the graphical POI browser.

Are you sure about that?
I too find the way it only shows the nearest 24 POIs in the on-screen list really annoying (it used to be the nearest 100), but for me the "Find" button WILL search the entire list of entries in that POI category.
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: GO 700 / Mapshare Reply with quote

I have just spoken to Tom Tom about this combination and they say that this new application does not support the GO 700 as indicated in your list !! or am I looking at it wrong ?

Woodchip
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: GO 700 / Mapshare Reply with quote

woodchip wrote:
I have just spoken to Tom Tom about this combination and they say that this new application does not support the GO 700 as indicated in your list !! or am I looking at it wrong ?

Woodchip

Which combination? Version 7 and the GO 700? Well their very own web pages say version 7 does support the GO 700, see here.
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: GO 700 / Mapshare Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
woodchip wrote:

Woodchip

Which combination? Version 7 and the GO 700? Well their very own web pages say version 7 does support the GO 700, see here.

Thanks Darren, I have just been back to them and they now accept that it should work but on going through the menu pages with them they say that the pages I have differ from what they should be, POI Capture and cameras seem to be causing conflict and I should uninstall them . Your thoughts ???

Woodchip
Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to remove all 3rd party apps, including POI Capture to get the menus working properly on my 910.

Apparently SDK apps are no longer supported in V7 Sad
woodchip
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traveller wrote:
I had to remove all 3rd party apps, including POI Capture to get the menus working properly on my 910.

Apparently SDK apps are no longer supported in V7 Sad

Thanks Traveller, Tom Tom seem to go one step forward and three back !!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GO 700 / Mapshare Reply with quote

woodchip wrote:
Thanks Darren, I have just been back to them and they now accept that it should work but on going through the menu pages with them they say that the pages I have differ from what they should be, POI Capture and cameras seem to be causing conflict and I should uninstall them . Your thoughts ???

Uninstall POI capture and the SDK Support files. Our cameras work fine under v7 though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: