Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP Faulty X970T New Edition
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP Faulty X970T New Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: HELP Faulty X970T New Edition Reply with quote

I have just received today a brand new X970T from GHS Technology and it has what appears to be a faulty SD card. I managed to get it working once, did all the registration etc, setup my phone on it, put some MP3 tracks on it and it appeared to be working OK. I then had a play with it for awhile and then did a recharge. When I went back to it, the Content manager it said to do an SD Restore as it was corrupted. I have done this now 3 times and it still fails. My mp3 tracks have all disappeared and it will not now connect to my phone although the phone says it is connected. It states contact After Sales Service, but there is no such section on your website. So what do I do now as I am totally disappointed with it being faulty from the offset. Do I simply reurn it to my suppliers for a full refund and get a Tom Tom instead or can you offer urgent assistance or a replacement SD card.

Colin Weldon
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply call GHS and ask them to swop it as a DOA product and ask Harjiv there to call me (Stuart at VM) and that I said it was OK...We have shipped over 2000 of these in the first week and this is the forst one with fault like this. Its no issue for us to swap it out.

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Simply call GHS and ask them to swop it as a DOA product and ask Harjiv there to call me (Stuart at VM) and that I said it was OK...We have shipped over 2000 of these in the first week and this is the forst one with fault like this. Its no issue for us to swap it out.

Cheers

Stu

I did a factory reset and tried again and it all appears to be working OK again, but I still am getting the SD corrupted message each time I load Contact Manager, but I ignore it and it still syncs up and transfers data OK. I have even copied the SD files to a new 2Gb SD which also works OK but I get the same error on that and that failed the SD Restore as well. Could the fault be in the software or should I return it as you have mentioned. Because I do not want GHS to test it and say no fault found and charge me accordingly because it actually does work apart from this annoying error.

Colin
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin

GHS wont say no fault found, I know Harjiv who runs it very well and have got him out of scrapes and he owes me.
I have run 2 new edition units on 2 different PCs and had no issues like this.
I have no problem with asking them to swap it for you as I sign off the returns!!
Laughing

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Colin

GHS wont say no fault found, I know Harjiv who runs it very well and have got him out of scrapes and he owes me.
I have run 2 new edition units on 2 different PCs and had no issues like this.
I have no problem with asking them to swap it for you as I sign off the returns!!
Laughing

I cannot phone him as there are no phone numbers at all on their website. Can you tell me what their phone number is please.

Colin

Note
I have now managed to contact him thanks to help of Bertie100, and Harjiv is looking into the logistics of the courier delivering and collecting at the same time, so I am awaiting his callback.
When I get the replacement X970T, do I have to uninstall the software and start afresh or is there an option to change the information regarding it.
Thanks for your help in the matter.

Colin

Last edited by wecpc on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ghstech.co.uk/ContactUs.asp

Seems to be one here.
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
http://www.ghstech.co.uk/ContactUs.asp

Seems to be one here.

It only appears for a second then disappears, but I managed to get it, thanks.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin

Yes you will have to go through the set up again, it only takes a minute to unistall the softeware. You will need to go back through the registration and you can deleat the othere device from you list of registered products,

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Hi Colin

Yes you will have to go through the set up again, it only takes a minute to unistall the softeware. You will need to go back through the registration and you can deleat the othere device from you list of registered products,

Cheers

Stu

I have received my replacement promptly direct from GHStech's supplier and have done what you stated above. I then installed the DVD carried out the registration etc, all without problems this time. I then took it out for a test run just using 'track my position' again without problem. I then removed it from the car and an hour later I decided to connect it to the PC and Content Manager, only to get the previous error I had on the other unit which was "The data in your mobile device is corrupted, perform an SD restore. If the problem persists contact After Sales Service". I then did the SD restore and got the message "Restore failed Please Start again" as I did before and the problem still persisted with a retry. I do not believe this is a hardware problem on TWO units, I still believe it MUST be a software error because the unit as did the previous one work perfectly if the message was ignored. I want to know what is going on with this problem and will it give long term problems if I just ignore it as I do not want a third unit. If this one has to go back I will not be having another, I will get a full refund and stick to my Blaupunkt Lucca which still works perfectly minus obviously the extras that the X970T has.

Colin
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin

Having installed quite a few X-970Ts I can tell you this isnt a software issue, the issue only seems to happen when you attach it to your PC so I can only think thats its an issue with your PC. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I have been pretty busy this week.

I can arrange for a call from tech support to go through the issue and I am sure they will solve it for you!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried attaching the X970 to a different USB port? It sounds like there may be some kind of data coruption happing when it's communicating with your computer.

You could try...

1. Connect with a differnt USB port (try the one's at the back of your PC, instead of the front).

2. Try another PC/Laptop. If it works, it may indicate a USB problem on your computer. If you're a techie... you could buy a new USB controller (PCI based) £10-15. Or see if there's a BIOS fix for your computers motherboard.
wecpc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Colin

Having installed quite a few X-970Ts I can tell you this isnt a software issue, the issue only seems to happen when you attach it to your PC so I can only think thats its an issue with your PC. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I have been pretty busy this week.

I can arrange for a call from tech support to go through the issue and I am sure they will solve it for you!

Cheers

Stu

I can assure you it is indeed a software/driver issue with Vista. I am a retired computer shop owner & system builder and my current PC which I just recently built uses the latest top of the range ASUS motherboard with the new Intel P35 chipset, Intel Quad core Q6600 CPU, 2Gb 1066 DDR3 Ram, ATI Radeon and fast WD 500Gb boot HDD. I tried using other USB ports as Bertie100 suggested all to no avail. As I also have an XP PRO boot drive for this PC, I tried this and it was perfect, proving my hardware is OK. I then tried restoring an image from my Windows Home Server also recently built which was the oldest I had (about 6weeks old) which was all I had because of the new build with the new OEM WHS software. That caused the same error.
So in desperation thinking I may have a problem with my Vista installation (although I had no other problems), I did a totally fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and only installed the very latest signed motherboard drivers along with my Canon printer and Canon Scanner also with the very latest Vista signed drivers. I did not not load any other software at all apart from Windows OneCare Live for security reasons. I then installed the VM DVD and tried again and the same error occured. Therefore you DO INDEED have a software problem with your UNSIGNED drivers for the X-970T, when using Windows Vista and the latest computer hardware. At least I do now have a workaround for the time being using either my XP PRO drive or my wife's laptop (XP Home), but that for me is not very convenient. Its strange that when I first installed the VM DVD it was OK and only reported the error on subsequent re-connections with the Content Manager.
So I have now wasted many hours and got nowhere, just proving all along what I originally said that it is a software problem.
I would appreciate a call from your technical support people to get this resolved ASAP.

Colin Weldon
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin

I will of course arrange for a call from our tech support if you can private message me you contact details.

All I can say in defence to your comments is that I have installed this on both XP and Vista as has everyong in my office without any issues. All our notebooks are Dell!

Looking forward to your contact details.

Stu

www.leyio.com

Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wecpc wrote:
Deepfour wrote:
Colin

Cheers

Stu

I can assure you it is indeed a software/driver issue with Vista. I am a retired computer shop owner & system builder and my current PC which I just recently built uses the latest top of the range ASUS motherboard with the new Intel P35 chipset, Intel Quad core Q6600 CPU, 2Gb 1066 DDR3 Ram, ATI Radeon and fast WD 500Gb boot HDD. I tried using other USB ports as Bertie100 suggested all to no avail. As I also have an XP PRO boot drive for this PC, I tried this and it was perfect, proving my hardware is OK. I then tried restoring an image from my Windows Home Server also recently built which was the oldest I had (about 6weeks old) which was all I had because of the new build with the new OEM WHS software. That caused the same error.
So in desperation thinking I may have a problem with my Vista installation (although I had no other problems), I did a totally fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit and only installed the very latest signed motherboard drivers along with my Canon printer and Canon Scanner also with the very latest Vista signed drivers. I did not not load any other software at all apart from Windows OneCare Live for security reasons. I then installed the VM DVD and tried again and the same error occured. Therefore you DO INDEED have a software problem with your UNSIGNED drivers for the X-970T, when using Windows Vista and the latest computer hardware. At least I do now have a workaround for the time being using either my XP PRO drive or my wife's laptop (XP Home), but that for me is not very convenient. Its strange that when I first installed the VM DVD it was OK and only reported the error on subsequent re-connections with the Content Manager.
So I have now wasted many hours and got nowhere, just proving all along what I originally said that it is a software problem.
I would appreciate a call from your technical support people to get this resolved ASAP.

Colin Weldon

Hi Colin,

It seems like you've done some very comprehensive tests but there's one more thing you could try before declaring it X970 Vista driver issue.

You've probably already downloaded the latest chipset drivers from ASUS (great motherboards). However, you could try downloading them straight from Intel (often newer version). I've often found the chipset manufacturers (this case Intel) have more up to date chipset drivers than the motherboard manufacturer... As it is possible that the drivers for you USB controller are at fault and not the X970. I think it's worth trying anyway! Also, have you tried it on any other Vista machines?

Cheers,

Rob
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colin,

Heres a link to latest Intel P35 chipset drivers. http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-026488.htm

Hope this solves it....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: