Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman SE Sleeve
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman SE Sleeve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyGibson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Navman SE Sleeve Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have a Navman SE sleeve, Compaq 3850 (PocketPC 2002 O/S) and Navman SmartST software.

I wanted to use the sleeve with the WinPilot (for gliders) moving map software, only to be find that the GPS drivers do not output either altitude or vario (Rate-of-Change) information.

I contacted Navmav and their response to my query was:- "Unfortunately all our navigation software is intended for road use, so none will have that option. How ever the GPS sleeve is not tied to any specific software."

As WinPilot does not install drivers, I need to find a driver that will output the total data set, does anyone know where I could find this - if any exists!

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

John
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the program WinFast Navigator from Leadtek. - it allows you to select which of the NMEA sentences will be output by the GPS - on devices based on SiRF chipsets. I don't knwo what the sleeves used though.

As this is very early hardware (the first for PDA's?), you may be out of luck finding anyone (even at Navman) who can offer good support for it.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS Altitude is a very inaccurate measurement, rate of change is not AFAIK a measurement available in NMEA sentences?
GuyGibson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed the Leadtek drivers and although I have not had a chance yet to use the WinPilot software due to bad weather, the actual operation of these drivers with the ground based navigation software is good.

Not only do the drivers acquire the satellites faster, they also acquire more of them i.e. the receiver now seems more sensitive.

John
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago there was a thread discussing the merits of putting an antistatic bag between the sleeve and the ipaq. The consensus seemed to be "Theoretically here is no way this should make a difference, but it does...", then some of the early Navman iCN650's were shipped with the motherboard surrounded by something that looked suspiciously like an antistatic bag.

Maybe worth looking into.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: