Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Support and Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu
Just as an additional proposal for the future; it would be helpful if there was some kind of summary of the routes on the website so that we know what is being downloaded. We can't appear to see what the route is until its on the satnav and then there are numerous marker points; it would be nice to know what these are - these would be particularly helpful for the continental touring routes.
pcorbridge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porphiron wrote:
lo folks, have just purchased an X960 new edition.

As per instructions I have installed the software and registered the unit, and have checked, and there is a fixed camera d/b update from 10/2007, looking on the download page it says to update with the content manager.

The only thing i can find is "speed cameras" under my michelin Guides / useful Addresses, dated august, there is an update button, but clicking it does nothing, nor does the sync button or choosing tools, then update settings

any ideas?

Just received my X970T with the new V7 software on with GB & Ireland maps from Dabs to replace my old Garmin that was nicked from my car, and can say I'm well impressed so far.

Just an observation regarding the Cameras. I've had exactly the same problems in Contect Manager i.e. Showing August, and hitting Update and/or Add does absolutely nothing. However, paired the SatNav with my Nokia E65 (On 3 Network with X-Series Silver). Updated the Camera database via GPRS and on the SatNav it's now showing as October. However Content Manager is still showing August (Even after re-synching).

With regards the time issue (Detailed above) I had the same problem. However, if you go into the Microsoft Activesync software and select options there is a tick box about synching the Mobile Clock when connected. I un-checked this and all now looks OK.

Having problems copying my contact from my phone to the SatNav (Even though Nokia E65 is in the supported list). Will persevere and let you know if any update.
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Feedback updates and other stuff Reply with quote

Hi All

Sorry that I haven't been in touch for a while but to say that we are busy with the Christmas rush would be an understatement.

I just wanted to update everyone on whats going on and how we are stiull working to support you.

I have a meeting on Thursday with Product Management and while I can't promise that all the issues will be cleared up right away, I do have the list from the site (thanks to you all) and will be going through each issue.

Just to let you know the V7.02 update on the web fixes several problems including:

"Slip Road Flaw": Route would take you off some slip roads then back on again.
- Message "Corrupted data" in Content Manager, under Vista
- Dangerous curves indication (left or right) was random
- System would shut down when deleting a stage along route planning
- No route after download of MyViaMichelin via GPRS
- ... and many wording mistakes that were corrected

We will have an update arounf 17th Decenber to V7.03 which will fix the speed camera download issues some people are getiing and other issues - I will post a full list of what this changes when I have it.

I know that some of you have had an issue with creating new folders when you have downloaded V7.02 and would ask anyone who can to email me a screen shot of this error to show to the developers.

I have now got a direct line to one of the chief software developers on the team and any info you give will be directed to him to make any urgent changes which affect the use of the products. Any cosmetic changes you want to recommend will be taken on board and put forward for inclusion in V8 in March but I think we need to sort out errors first.

Thanks to you all for the support,

Regards

Stu

www.leyio.com

Keep your eyes open in 2009 for a new way to share and swap files......Leyio!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v8 in March.... cool. It's soon after v7 Smile hope it will be free (being so soon after v7)
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do i have "CENSORED" all over certain words? is it Feedback? or some other word?

Edit: so the word seedback is censored (s=f)... Why mods?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertie100 wrote:
Why do i have "CENSORED" all over certain words? is it
Edit: so the word seedback is censored (s=f)... Why mods?

Guess someone has clicked a wrong button as no idea why Feedback would be censored? Maybe a test to see if it works?

Got a strange message when first posting this that images weren't allowed even though it was a pocketgpsworld linked image contained in the quoted part.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorted, my fault, a block on a certain four letter swear word using a wild card was the cause!
kingcrabthethird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is a great site

Im using a VM x960 new edition , and it works ok for me ( though not the safety camera update -- but thats been covered )

two points with the x960

1) needs more voices -- the default voice sounds like my ex ,and I used to go out in the car to get away from that !!
Razz

2) the software package gives the instruction " please read the terms and condition before opening the product " as the terms etc ,are inside the product and you cant get to them till you open the package -- Catch 22

otherwise , its good , cheap to buy from Maplins , and with free updates ,and a direct line to the manufacturer on here -- 100% bliss
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Had a busy day with product management and lots of notes to write up which I will do tomorrow and get posted as soon as possible!!

And can I just say that kingcrabthethird.....awesome name!! Sorry about the wifes voice...have you tried the american english voice? Or maybe learn Polish??

Cheers all

Stu

www.leyio.com

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stu,

I can also confirm that patch 7.02 has not fixed the slip road issue, If you plot a route from Swansea to Oxford, when using *fastest* route it takes you off the M4 at junction 22, over the roundabout and back on to the M4. The Michelin recommend route is fine.

Cheers,

Rob
EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the BE version

Take this route

Choose fastest (Snelste)

You'll see that it'll do it twice (yes 2x):
Step 11 : around km 18
Step 13: around km 67

These are completely useless and even dangerous in this example (and a bit illegal too).

Btw reported this to support under Ref2346379
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys

We are working through any issues.

There will be a Version 7.03 Which will fix a lot of the issues raised and will be online by the end of this week.
I have read through the threads for other manufacturers and they have issue too but the difference here is that we are listening and making changes and improvements.

I will try to get a full list of proposed changes on version &.03 later today

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

EddyDC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news. Looking forward to it.

Deepfour wrote:
Guys

There will be a Version 7.03 Which will fix a lot of the issues raised and will be online by the end of this week.
I have read through the threads for other manufacturers and they have issue too but the difference here is that we are listening and making changes and improvements.

Cheers

Stu
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
Guys

Cheers

Stu

Great! Thanks for the support!

Any news on the website? are the webmasters sorting the localisation and links problems out?
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the errors with other languages are being addressed, we have different sites in different languages throughout Europe and occasionally someone forgets and puts the wrong link!!

Cheers

Stu

www.leyio.com

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: