Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 Kate Computer Voice speaking Gobbledegook
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 Kate Computer Voice speaking Gobbledegook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Portsoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: 720 Kate Computer Voice speaking Gobbledegook Reply with quote

Been using the 720 today in the car, for the first time since the xulrunner.exe problems yesterday (which are still on going despite turning off Bluetooth as requested by TomTom support)

After about a mile of a journey my Computer Voice Kate en-GB v6.9-Kate version 6.9 is saying random letters of the alphabet and random phrases that have nothing to do with the route being driven or even making much sense actually, and is not giving any correct instructions using this voice. The other non computer voices seem to be okay, but haven't had a chance to use any of them for any length of time or distance.

What is going on, has the unit been damaged by the xulrunner.exe crashes ? I only purchased the TomTom Go 720 on 22/09/07
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious first question... Have you tried a reset?
istinson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about Kate but I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the xulrunner.exe problem despite disabling bluetooth & the mobile phone paring. Guess what I emailed TomTom saying what I'd tried and they told be to disable the bluetooth again.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems to be having xulrunner.exe problems over the last couple of days when Home tries to do uploads. TT seem to have messed with their web-servers somehow.
I don't think the xulrunner.exe running/crashing on your PC is likely to have an effect the TomTom itself though, but who knows, when TT aren't admitting what it is or how it works (or doesn't).
russd1978
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Everyone seems to be having xulrunner.exe problems over the last couple of days when Home tries to do uploads. TT seem to have messed with their web-servers somehow.
I don't think the xulrunner.exe running/crashing on your PC is likely to have an effect the TomTom itself though, but who knows, when TT aren't admitting what it is or how it works (or doesn't).

Im having the same problem with xulrunner.exe crashing my TomTom 720 when I update. Havent taken it out for a while so dont know about Kate, but it seems to be a problem at TT's end as Andy says.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: